1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lost my lvl 34 rank in COD4 after reformat/reinstall.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nick89, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
    No one ever told me I had to backup my own damned rank in COD4 WTF

I just lost every minute I put into that damned game...

Is there any way for me to get my rank back? I dont care what it is I just want my rank back.

2. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    I'm afraid it's a case of "tough". It is silly, I agree, but at the same time your enjoyment of the game should come from it being a good game, not because you have acheived level X.

Hey, maybe this time you could see if you could reach that level faster than you did before? :)

3. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hear that man, I did similar about a month after game release...learned the hard way also. I did make a post about this issue back then (also made a note of it in my GPU! CoD4 review iirc), and I've seen quite a few other users post similar in the year+ since the game's release...but there should've been a notice of some sort or something to let one know when installing the game or something...as many were expecting online results backup...hell I even think IW mentioned doing something along those lines due to so many complaining yet it never happened. Just look at it this way, not only will you rank faster now but it won't take nearly as long to get to where you were!

:toast:

4. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
    I really dont care about the fu*king level number I cared about my god damned UNLOCKS

My unlocked guns ect..

5. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
    Kursah I dont understand what you mean when you say it wont take me nearly as long to get where I was...

6. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Nick. This was an issue within the first week COD4 was out. As soon as the servers came up, people would have random crashes and end up losing their profile information.

If you do some more research, you'll see that there's a couple of options for you.

1) You can have someone send you their profile
    or
    2) You can use a rank up cheat, though I don't know how flexible those are with legitimate CD Keys.

Anyways, don't be too stressed, the unlocks won't be that tough to reclaim, you can do it.

7. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
    The thing thats really pissing me off is I have to goto work in an hour, then I get home goto sleep then as I wake up and get ready then get on a plane the goto Ohio for a week with no access to my PC. I'm not going to have any time to get my rank back for the next week and a half.

Would it really work if someone gave me a copy of there profile?

8. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Why wouldn't you have to back up your game data? You don't log into a server with COD4, how would it store/retrieve your data for you? You really shouldn't have to be told you need to backup your data.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  9. spearman914

spearman914 New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's sht. It's so dumb that they make you not store it on the server rather on ur own comp.

10. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well if you're improving in skill and have favorite servers to play on where you hold your own quite well, then your points per round should've increased from your initial start of the MP sessions in CoD4, meaning that not only will you be more efficient with the decent and some of the better weapons (imo) at lower rankings that are more easily attained that you will attain rank faster than you currently had up to the current ranking thus meaning that it shouldn't take you nearly as long to get to LV34, hence where you were.

:toast:

11. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    sorry to say but your gonna have to Replay the Game until you earn that rank back, besides i started over on purpose, and i find out i play way better without crosshair augmentation (Iron Sights vs ACOG or Red Dot Sights)- i play better with the Iron SIghts and no virtual Crosshair.

12. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:

I have never had to do this with any other online ranked game EVER.:wtf:

13. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Yes, and I'm going to guess you have to actually log in(as in put in a password) on all the other ranked games too.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  14. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
    You mean to tell me you cant type in your name and password and retrive your info? Thats wacked!!

15. techjunkie

techjunkie New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh man..........
    i suffered the same, or even worse as i was at level 55. Damn :(

Anyway i started playing again and once a reached level 48, the damn profile got corrupt :( :( :(

So now i use the level hack because i'm too fed up with trying to level up.

you Should try it too

ps : it might get you banned in pb enabled servers. using someone else's profile might also ban you

16. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    You dont log into a server with battlefield 2142 either, but EA stores all of your achievements, ranks, etc on their server instead of on your computer. COD4 multiplayer is far from serious, it is a hackfest, give someone an hour and they will have a level 40 profile. Because of this, i have no want to play a game that stores a profile on a computer, where there is no security.

17. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
    Stop being a flaming dick. I never really thought about the fact that I didnt have to login.

18. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    nick i know newtekie maybe getting under your skin n all but name calling is not needed, if you dont want him here be direct and tell him you dont want him here.

19. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    to bad man dotn you need a log in for COD 4? im sure it would stay if you logged in ah well its not like we can send you a save because that dosnt effect multiplayer

its just looking like youll have to do it all over again

20. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Probably got the Game off of STEAM or something, a Vetran Hardware Analysis Buddy that hangs here now lost his profiling because of a bad CD key or something but he apparently got the game off Steam.

21. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    It takes about weeks worth of casual play to get to level 55 if your at least any good at FPS games, no need to cry.

It isn't hard to level CoD4....in fact its pretty easy when you can score easy XP in TDM (2500 - 3000 XP a map is pretty common after a good night of smoking lol)

Back your Profiles folder up and all will be good. :) (I do this to take my Profile backwards and forwards to Canada, just use the same disc and all is good)

22. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
    Well a weeks worth of casual play takes about a month for me to do because I cant sit at home all day and play COD4 I have to goto work and go shopping and work on my other hobbys. PC gamming is one of my hobbys but I also build computers for people and Fly RC helicopters for fun.

I also bought COD4 off steam. BTW

23. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nick89 says thanks.
  24. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
  25. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the steam version. Just make sure you write your key down tho so you can re-input it. I play online everyday using it so your good man :toast: