1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Low FPS with my brand new x850 Pro......:(

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Snake Griffin, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Snake Griffin New Member

Thanks Received:
    right now im only playing CS:Source and i dont think im getting the fps i should. i probaby get 50 fps on average.

computer specs:

Pentium 4 w/HT, 3.0.GHz, 800MHz front bus, 512MB, x850Pro

whats the reason for my low fps?

also, does anyone have a tutorial on unlocking pipelines on this cars? i read the DIY on this board but im a complete noob and i couldnt even install the programs cuz i didnt know what to do with the zip folders

2. gygabite

gygabite New Member

Thanks Received:
    the x850 pro cards are x850xt cards on which 4 pipelines are damaged so it has only 12.
    so there's no unlocking(i tried it, too and had only 8 after trying to unlock my x850pro).
    but because its a x850xt with 12 pipes you could overclock it to 520/540(or higher) without any risk of damaging it.do you have the latest graphic card driver?installing a newer one could improve the fpsand 512mb ram could be another factor of low fps rate.
    ps: try in cs:s the "surf" maps.

3. spectre440 New Member

Thanks Received:
    sounds like your RAM is holding you back.
    what kind of RAM do you have? (make, speed, timings, etc')

try finding a peice of RAM that's compatible with it and dropping it in. should greatly improve overall performance of your system. nowdays 1GB of RAM is sorta the "minimum"...

4. wizard23 New Member

Thanks Received:

if the card is a vivo one you can doit xt withe bios flash if not...... overclock it.....
    your ram is to low and you dont tell the clocks if it is in 333mhz think an update for 1gb in 400mhz.

5. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    How can you check your RAM to make sure it is running in DDR400 instead of DDR333?
    Thanks.

6. gygabite

gygabite New Member

Thanks Received:
    install and start cpu-z to see your frequencies and timings

7. wizard23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    check the first screen of your bios cmos at start up under the cpu speed shows the speed of your memory and if it runs in dual chanel.

8. dolf New Member

Thanks Received:
    First it seems that your card is AGP. If it is AGP what exactly brand and is it VIVO?

After reading this (at minimum the first post): http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=5367 download and install ATITool. Start it. Hold the "shift" and click "settings" on ATITool. Scroll down and make screen shot or just write all values where the FUSE word is present. Post that and more info about the card.

After seeing the results we will be able to help you if there is need :) .

Good luck