1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

m4a78-e with 1090t?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by justincole, Jun 16, 2010.

1. justincole New Member

Thanks Received:
    looking at getting a new processor as my phenom 9600 is just hitting 2.5 per core water cooled, so looking at the new 1090t but not sure if my mother board will support it..it says it is designed for am3 and supports the phenom ii 4x but not sure how different the 6x will be

if any of you would know please let me know!

thanks
  2. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    It all depends on what your going to use the system for. If only for gaming then the x6 is pretty much a waste of money but if your into video and audio creation then the x6 will help add some extra umph to your system.

Your board does support the x6 with either bios 2505 or 2507. You can easily download them from ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM3/M4A78-E/
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    ^ that says it all. /thread :cool:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. justincole New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks a bunch kenkickr, that is great! its actually for my cad machine, im in school for architectural engineering and we do a tonne of rendering so the better off my computer performs the more sleep i get haha will be ordering it soon!