1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

M4A79T Deluxe WONT POST HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by brandonwh64, Dec 4, 2009.

1. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    OK major problems!!! I just got my RAM in for my new build here is specs

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 DDR3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard |
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 125W |
    Corsair TWINX Dominator Dual Channel 4096MB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz Memory |
    BFG GTX 285 OC+ 1GB |
    Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM - MAIN DRIVE |
    2x 250GB/400GB/500GB 7,200 HDDs |
    ENERMAX Liberty 500W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply |
    Windows 7 |
    NZXT M59 Case

ram model number is (CM3X2048-1600C7DHXIN) and this ram in in the motherboards manual as supported memory.

When i press the power button everything comes on but no post and nothing on the monitor. ive tried clearing the bios and still samething. ive tried the ram 1 at a time in each slot and ive tried both in the first two slots and the last two slots STILL same thing. i looked on the asus website and the 965 black edition CPU is suppose to be supported by every bios that has been put out for it. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS THING!!!!!

*NOTE* I did try to boot the motherboard WITHOUT ram and it did start beeping then (same beeps that the manual says it does for no mem detected)

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

Maybe try unplugging everything but the bare minimum (cpu power pcie card and 24pin atx) and see if you can get it to post

3. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    well i just got off the phone with asus and my bios is out of date :( DOH! so the bios department at ASUS is gonna send me one fully updated for my board

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. cgoodman381

Thanks Received:
    Yea... If you read a bunch of the reviews at newegg theres a lot of people having that problem.

I'm in the same boat... need to order a board, but would like to not have to wait for them to send out anything...

5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Bummer man, I would think the newer chip would at least boot up into bios. Good luck with the chip replacement. :toast:

6. facepunch

facepunch New Member

Thanks Received:
    you could try to reset the cmos and use one strip of ram thats how i got my crosshair ll to work to flash the bios but it took a couple of try to get it to post in bios

7. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Yea this sucks! my computer wont post because of a 5$ chip with the latest firmware!!!!!! GRRRR

Crunching for Team TPU