1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mac mini getting a Conroe upgrade soon?

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Aug 27, 2006.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    Several months ago, a blogger ordered a large quantity of Mac Mini's, using the PowerPC architecture. He was refused, because "Macintosh was not accepting large orders at this time". A few days later, Macintosh released the Intel based Mac Mini's. Now, the same blogger ordered a large quantity of Mac Mini's from a private supplier. He got the same refusal that he had gotten the last time. And now Macintosh buyers around the world are reporting that they cannot place large orders for Mac Mini's. With the Autumn line of Macintoshes coming just after Labor day, and Core 2 Duo based MacBook Pro's coming next month, there is a good chance that the blogger has found a trend with Mac Mini's. Are we about to see Core 2 Duo based Mac Mini's? The original blog can be found here.

Source: Apple Insider
  2. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good trend? No duh. Every company does that.
  3. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    they will be putting single core cpu's in these im guessing otherwise they will be a big increase in the asking price
  4. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    They've been using core solo and core duo's for a while now. Not much should change.
  5. overcast New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been holding out for the macbooks with core 2 duo. My first mac! *sniffle*