1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mac OS X transformation pack for windows 7 64bit (danish)

Discussion in 'General Software' started by gasolin, Nov 17, 2012.

1. gasolin

Thanks Received:
    If i where to install some transformation pack on windows 7 64 bit so it would look like mountain lion, is there an easy way to uninstall it and go back to default windows 7 ui,icons?

Then i could "try" OS X without having to make my pc into a hackingtosh

I am using a danish windows 7 64 bit so if it where compatible with windows 7 in danish it would be nice.

I shortly trid a mac OS X transformation pack on windows 8 when i wanted to try it at a time where i knew that i didn't want windows 8, (playing games like crysis 2,bf 3 and racing games like need for speed and dirt, so i am not gonna make my pc into a hackintosh), had som icon's from windows interfering with the mac OS X icons :( they where on top of each other.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  2. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    You probably could install and uninstall it with no problems.

However, use system restore, windows backup, and/or a third party backup program before you install it.
  3. gasolin

Thanks Received:
    But according to this link it's not that easy to unintall

http://www.addictivetips.com/window...7-windows-8-into-mac-os-x-10-8-mountain-lion/

Note: Please bear in mind that such transformation packs are difficult to uninstall and a system restore point will not revert the changes. Before installing the Mac OS X Mountain Lion Skin Pack, make sure that you backup your computer to revert the changes (if required). Moreover, make sure that UAC (User Account Control) is disabled.
  4. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Yep, that is the reason why I stated you might wanna make backup.
    Either, windows backup or one that you prefer.
  5. gasolin

Thanks Received:
    It's just that i don't want to reinstall windows again, that a main reason why i ask about uinstalling this mac OS X transformation pack..... is it to difficult to unstall i probably won't install it
  6. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    I did not state a re-install... I stated make a backup!

Sort of, like taking a snapshot of your hard drive(s)as they are now, before you install OS X software.
    Then, if the install and un-install does not go as planned; you can restore the drive(s) to the exact condition (or point in time) they were before you installed the OS X software.

Back up your files
    Windows 7 - Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup
    How to Back Up and Restore Data With Windows 7
    Windows 7 Feature Focus – Backup and Restore

How to Restore an Image Backup in Windows 7