1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mad Catz Ships Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Arcade FightStick

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Dec 20, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. announced today the Company has begun shipping the Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition S, the first fighting game controller released by Mad Catz for the new Wii U console from Nintendo and the similar Tournament Edition S+ FightStick for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and PlayStation3 computer entertainment system. Licensed by NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc., the Tournament Edition fighting game controller has been designed for competitive play featuring genuine arcade components.

"We're pleased to extend our relationship with NAMCO BANDAI Games and particularly excited to introduce a Tournament Edition fighting game controller to the new Wii U console," said Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. "We believe that the new FightStick will enable us to further grow our position as market leaders in this category."

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Both fighting game controllers use genuine Sanwa Denshi arcade components and the new Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition S+ features underside foam padding for sustained comfort and interchangeable graphic decals.

Additional information available here.
  2. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    I thought those sticks were legitimately cracked on top. :laugh:
  3. devguy

devguy

Thanks Received:
    I guess they're not all they're cracked up to be...
  4. Rowsol

Rowsol

Thanks Received:
    I remember mad catz made super shitty controllers when I was a kid. Looks like they managed to stay in business.
  5. NC37

NC37

Thanks Received:
    Mad Catz at the dawn of the PS1 era was really good quality. I still have their original phasor light gun. Worked better than any other gun on the market at the time. But then they just went down the crapper by the time the DC era started. They joined the ranks of lemon makers with Pelican and Datel.
  6. XL-R8R

XL-R8R

Thanks Received:
    +1 to this.

The controllers I had for the PS1 & PS2 from Mad Catz felt better made/quality than the original Sony pads of the time.

Though this game controller isn't my kinda thing as I don't play these type of things any more (consoles), I can appreciate the design as it looks really good... I especially like the cracked design, it'll save it from looking like crap when you do actually drop this thing. :laugh:
  7. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    I have the Soul Calibur 5 "Soul Edition" Mad Catz stick and its excellent. Their higher end sticks use Sanwa arcade parts and they respond excellently. They used to make really shitty 3rd party controllers but their arcade sticks are actually known to be pretty good for mass market products.

The xbox 360 version of their sticks will work on PC's, i use mine for MAME.
  8. jihadjoe

jihadjoe

Thanks Received:
    A large part of the top players for fighting games actually use Madcatz; even players from Japan import their sticks. Amazing how they went from crap to where they are now.
  9. Prima.Vera

Prima.Vera

Thanks Received:
    That thing is uglier like s***t. Damn, what's with the crack??
  10. xorbe

Thanks Received:
    8 buttons and a stick for $160!