1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mad cheap watercooling systems: too good to be true?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by panchoman, Jul 29, 2007.

1. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    I came across a few watercooling systems that were really cheap and affordable, and i was wondering if they were too good to be true. check these out :

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5...775_-_RL-M4A-E7E3-GP.html?tl=g30c83s135#blank
    - 90 bucks.. thats cheaper then my thermalright ultra 120 and my thermalright hr-03 put together.. maybe i can add a chipset block and get a vga block that cools the voltage regulator and memory?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...S478_P4_S775_AMD_K7_AMD_K8.html?tl=g30c83s135
    also the price of the thermalright's put together, would need to add own vga and chipset blocks..

theres also the gigabyte 3d galaxy, i know its a good beginner wc kit but its the about the same price as the thermaltake.. but it is like good?

i shopped for some parts for a 1/2 tubing wc system and for cooling the C2d, x1950xt, and chipset, the system was like 400 bucks... so are these really good systems or just junk? i mean the specs look good except for the 1/4 tubing which a tad disappointing but still..

2. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You get what you pay for... those watercooling kits aren't nearly as good as other setups or a custom W/C kit you can build yourself.

If you have a really good air cooler I would probably just stick with it.

3. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Both "entry level" at best. Buy a used Koolance if you want cheap and easy and not having to worry about a cheap thermaltake pump to break on you.
    Or,better yet, just piece a custom setup on the internet.

4. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    You will get the same almost results with an 60$ Air-Cooler solution. ( ThermalTake 120 / Scythe Infinity ).

5. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    are you sure, cause if that cooler master system is good, i'd gladly get it since its way cheaper then my thermalright air coolers.. and its watercooling so that'll help just right there, and the dual 70 mm fans will give almost the performance of a single 120 mm right? so its like whats so bad about that coolermaster system that it'll perform worse then thermalright?

6. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It wont perform as good as a good air cooler, trust us. I have seen many cheap watercooling systems like that ever since I've been into modding PCs... when compared to high end air coolers they are smacked around.

Restrictive small tubes, crappy radiators, poorly designed waterblocks, and weak pumps doesn't equate to a good watercooling setup.

Get one though if you don't believe us.