1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Male player playing as a female character: Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mega-Japan, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    In a game like wow people are way quicker to help females and give gold too

KainXS says thanks.
  2. LDNL

LDNL

Thanks Received:
    Well youre gonna be watching the behind of that character for the whole game so I think female makes perfect sense.

random says thanks.
  3. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    its like that in most games and alot of dudes I know do just that, . . . . . . . . still I have seen very few actual girls I didn't know were girls playing games, its hard to tell the difference because some dudes I know say that they're girls in the game and its pretty funny to see them mess with people and some of the girls I know play as dudes and do the opposite:eek:.

4. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    I usually play as Female characters in MMO's since they tend to be not so awkward looking. For some reason they spend more time making female characters detailed and anatomically correct, and the end result is that often Male character models just look awful. WoW is a great example, the NE, Human, and Draenai female models are all infinitely better than Male.

5. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    In my findings in games, most of the female characters have an unbound agility trait about them. Females are naturally agile. Take the original game female for instance, first one that comes to mind, Samus Aran. Then you have the second that comes to mind, Lara Croft. Both of which are hella agile and "ballsy".

Not weird at all to even want to create your own female in-game.

6. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    I need an agile female :)

7. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Gay!

rpsgc and Mr McC say thanks.
  8. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    ^ now now lol

Play whatever character you want, but when you start dressing like one outside the closet then you know something aint wired proper :wtf:

trickson and JrRacinFan say thanks.
  9. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    I was once required to consider the significance of cross-dressing as a destablizing force within Elizabethan drama. Consider Shakespeare's Cleopatra: she dresses as a man within the play, but all female characters were played by males to begin with, as women were viewed as having no business on a stage. As an exercise, I suppose it encourages provocative thought, as would the consideration of the significance of digital cross-dressing in games.

We are not qualified to comment on its significance for you as an individual, but I would suggest the other people's misgivings tell us more about their own insecurities. More to the point, cross-dressing is not an indication of sexual preference. Drag up, do your thing and pay no heed to the concerns of others.

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  10. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    id rather look at the back of a women over the back of a man.

11. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    THIS!

That's why i prefered Tomb Raider and FAKK2 over any other male character game.

12. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    As long as it isn't an online environment, I don't see why it would matter. If it's with friends, it can actually be pretty comical. XD

Crunching for Team TPU
  13. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I play a female role 9/10 times if I have that option. It's just a game and I enjoy looking at a female avatar over a male 100% of the time.

I don't see anything wrong with it but when playing MMO's its sometimes strange because you see a girl but hear a guy talking. But who gives a shit? Not I.

14. Vulpesveritas

Vulpesveritas

Thanks Received:
    Me, I play as both males and females in MMOs (although Mabinogi is more or less the only MMORPG I play anymore) the reason... so I have something to dump my female locked clothing items on instead of just trying to sell it all XD

plus, it's amusing to watch a girl use musical instruments to beat up monsters.

15. Maelstrom

Thanks Received:
    I've played both male and females characters before. Which gender I choose depends on the game and how I'm feeling at character creation.
    Play what you want, and if people give you shit about it, just ignore 'em/give them the middle finger and go about your business.

95Viper says thanks.
  16. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    First off, let me say... Play the character you want to play with and screw everyone's opinion.

I like the female characters in the games... love that tight a** and those perfectly formed rounded voluptuous breasts.

Now for the fun :D :

Freud, Dr. Ruth, and others would have fun tearing through your op!
    I am not that good, though; however... here it goes.

1. I see in your first sentence hardcore denial of your possible tendencies (see the hi-lite color)

2. Some hidden meaning in these statements, maybe? (see hilite color)

3. Maybe, by these statements, you have an attraction to well dressed good-looking males? (see hi-lite color)

I am sure someone who is trained in analyzing this could do a better.

Just joking with you.
    Play the GAME... that is all it is.
    And, don't worry what others think or say, they probably do the same (or more) in the darkness of their rooms.
    :)

Edit: A lot of good posts and advice in this thread. I would thank more of them, but I would use all of them up, so THANKS for the helpful posts all.

Also, I think, some of, the demon and alien girls are very hot, too.:D

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
    Mega-Japan says thanks.
  17. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, who gives a crap?

You play games as a temporary escape from reality. If your particular kink is to be a female, then go for it. Games aren't reality, and thus should not be treated as such.

As to the question of why one would show a preference for gender bending, I leave that to someone else. Whether it be better stats, a more pleasing aesthetic, or the unfortunate male bias to "save" women, the choices for being female are as numerous as those for being male.

Maybe the better question to ask is why your friends cannot dissociate your in-game gender from reality..?

18. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    In LOTRO: Female main, 2 male alts, and 3 female alts.

As many have said before, a female character is easier on the eyes and you see your main a lot!

For alts I choose whatever seems right for them based on race/class or I already have a name picked out.

19. Mega-Japan

Mega-Japan

Thanks Received:
    I have never even thought about cross-dressing. It's not my cup of tea and I used to think it was straight up weird. But living in New York City makes you see it as an everyday thing some people are into, so I really don't mind it.

I once tried to get into Mabinogi, but never got past the beginning of the game because my PC back then (2007) couldn't handle it. It was a shitty single core Anthlon II @ 2.1GHz with 512Mb of DDR1 RAM, lol. Lately I've been looking around to see if I can get into another MMO, Aion and Guild Wars 2 have my attention.

Haha, great analysis. Hardcore denials? Denials, they are. Hardcore, I'm not sure. I have come across people who have initially thought I'm gay, but I quickly tell that, if I was, I would have no problem letting them know. I have gay friends, which I suppose have cause me to be more open-minded about things like that. In the sense that I don't care what your religion/race/ethnicity/sexual preference is. I have however, been called metrosexual, which I believe is males who care about their appearance. Not so bad.

I don't think I have an attraction to "well-dressed good looking males." It's more like I don't mind judging males. If I see an ugly dude, I'd say it's an ugly dude. If I see a good looking dude, I'd say "hey, that's one good looking cat." That doesn't mean I am sexually attracted to that person. It's just that I can voice my opinion about it without worrying what others might think.

Anyways, thanks for the insight! And yes, really good posts here. Wasn't expecting that... much. :rockout:

95Viper says thanks.
  20. zootac New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like two play female characters in street fighter 2 /3 /
    Seeing them tits dounce about playing female character,
    And laura croft is my girl friend in tomb Raider lol

21. Depth

Thanks Received:
    I prefer female characters in games you see your main in a lot, so I can dress them in the most revealing clothing available and do a lot of perving as I play.

First person games like Skyrim I usually go with what seems to fit, female for unarmored archer, thief or mage and male for combat oriented characters.

Pretty much all the female builds turn out lesbian though, I choose implied girl-on-girl action over chatting up a guy any day.

22. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    Female is ok... the really sick part is when you play as an animal...

23. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, as others said it depends on the character as well.
    Tho ppl really do go overboard with all the nude/skimpy mods in bethesda games, I prefer to keep it realistic.

My character for my second play through in Skyrim I thought a fem warrior with heavy armor and two handed would be interesting.
    [​IMG]

24. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    I play Borderlands with a buddy and when we started playing we both picked the Soldier class. He was like ahhh man, I wanted to be the soldier. So I stepped aside and picked the girl character Lilith because she had some pretty awesome skills. And this is an online environment. It's just preference really, if your friends think it's weird or funny, the hell with them!! lol.

25. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I know why

[​IMG]