• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mantle API presentation by AMD, DICE and Oxide - AMD Summit 2013

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Well I think I disagree on how much nvidia matters to mantle to say the least.
I did recently note a verdant nvidia owning friend has refused to buy his fave ever game bf4 and he loves it and Nv interesting.
Shit hurry up and switch mantle On already in bf4.

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
The way i understood it is that any GPU with GCN tech will be able to use Mantle immediately while others will have to have "help" be it from special drivers or, worse, from hardware changes.

If this "help" comes from special drivers, i expect a performance hit because, instead of the game "using" Mantle to "talk" to the graphics card, it will have to use "a translator" because, without CGN tech, it can't "talk" to it directly. This, to me, is what makes the most sense as it explains why Mantle is multi-vendor and also why it works best with CGN tech: if there's a need for "a translator" for other vendors, time will be lost, hence the performance hit.

If this help requires hardware changes, then i don't see Mantle surviving very long in what will be, for all intents and purposes, a proprietary API due to the CGN being AMD tech only.

System Name My Rig
Processor AMD 3950X
Motherboard X570 TUFF GAMING PLUS
Cooling EKWB Custom Loop, Lian Li 011 G1 distroplate/DDC 3.1 combo
Memory 4x16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) MSI Seahawk 2080 Ti EKWB block
Storage 2TB Auros NVMe Drive
Display(s) Asus P27UQ
Case Lian Li 011-Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) JBL 30X
Power Supply Seasonic Titanium 1000W
Mouse Razer Lancehead
Keyboard Razer Widow Maker Keyboard
Software Window's 10 Pro
Show me numbers and I'll care. Or Wizzards review.

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
I find it odd after all the people that have pointed out things you're not aware of or understanding of in this thread you still insist we're clueless. No one knows the exact numbers percentage wise of devs in the industry that have made a specific request for AMD or anyone else to come up with an alternative to Direct3D, and I'm sure most of them, unlike you, are understanding of the fact that if not implemented carefully, the same thing could happen that did with Glide. You keep glossing over that. Like I said earlier, you're ignorant of history in the industry in this regard. If you can't even grasp that simple concept, then no, you have not in fact "researched" this so well. I find it odd you'd even use the word research as naive as you sound.

If you had a shred of sense you'd angle this thread toward things that AMD/DICE have done to ensure Mantle will not suffer the same fate as Glide, but instead you insist it's a non issue. There really isn't enough proof that they've done much to make devs think Nvidia and their customers will support this, and THAT'S what matters most, not your narrow minded perception. If all that mattered were the opinions of a few naive AMD fanboys there'd be nothing to worry about, but there's a whole lot more to it than that. You keep insisting we're pessimistic skeptics. No, we're just realists that aren't easily convinced by a few stage presentations.

You and xenocide definitely didn't spend 5 hours watching all the presentations, slides, and even all the other research and knowledge about how much of a difference low-level APIs make.

A good experienced man can predict things, you are inexperienced, you need hard proof to be able to see that. Just like the obamacare supporters, they had to see it written in their mail that they would have to pay 3 times as much, but we who were telling this would happen for months prior, because we done the research, they didn't take it seriously.

You can keep saying whatever you want, but it's only your perception, which obviously doesn't affect reality.

Well I think I disagree on how much nvidia matters to mantle to say the least.
I did recently note a verdant nvidia owning friend has refused to buy his fave ever game bf4 and he loves it and Nv interesting.
Shit hurry up and switch mantle On already in bf4.

I can't even read that ...

The way i understood it is that any GPU with GCN tech will be able to use Mantle immediately while others will have to have "help" be it from special drivers or, worse, from hardware changes.

If this "help" comes from special drivers, i expect a performance hit because, instead of the game "using" Mantle to "talk" to the graphics card, it will have to use "a translator" because, without CGN tech, it can't "talk" to it directly. This, to me, is what makes the most sense as it explains why Mantle is multi-vendor and also why it works best with CGN tech: if there's a need for "a translator" for other vendors, time will be lost, hence the performance hit.

If this help requires hardware changes, then i don't see Mantle surviving very long in what will be, for all intents and purposes, a proprietary API due to the CGN being AMD tech only.

Wrong

Nvidia would have to code in support, has nothing to do with mantle being on GCN only currently.

Show me numbers and I'll care. Or Wizzards review.

Here are the numbers

CPU boost; ~600%
GPU boost: 100%-300%

or in other words:
"amazing"

But as I said, this will be spent on better visuals, more draw distance, more complexity, so if you check back 2 years this post, this numbers will not match, but if you had same visuals, same complexity, then it would hold, this can be done great with something like 3DMark, they should keep improving the performance optimizations, without any fidelity and load stuff, to see clearly see the difference.

Last edited:
System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
You and xenocide definitely didn't spend 5 hours watching all the presentations, slides, and even all the other research and knowledge about how much of a difference low-level APIs make.

This just makes it all the more obvious you are not paying attention and narrow mindedly focused on one thing. I never argued that such an API can improve performance. Hell, I doubt most devs have. The lesson learned from Glide was not just focusing on performance but rather it being universally beneficial, meaning including Nvidia customers. No matter how many times that is said it just goes right over your head.

Only a fool studies the obvious and ignores the most pertinent details. It's as if someone needs to draw you a picture at this point.:rolleyes:

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS

Wrong

Nvidia would have to code in support, has nothing to do with mantle being on GCN only currently.

You just said what i highlighted, dude: that's what i was referring to as "translator".

Let me put it this way:

• Mantle uses CGN to "speak" with the game
  • Since nVidia doesn't have CGN, it'll need a translator which is where the support code comes in
  • Since nVidia will have to use an extra step for Mantle, it has to process more data then AMD which means there's a hit in performance

This just makes it all the more obvious you are not paying attention and narrow mindedly focused on one thing. I never argued that such an API can improve performance. Hell, I doubt most devs have. The lesson learned from Glide was not just focusing on performance but rather it being universally beneficial, meaning including Nvidia customers. No matter how many times that is said it just goes right over your head.

Only a fool studies the obvious and ignores the most pertinent details. It's as if someone needs to draw you a picture at this point.:rolleyes:
If you haven't noticed, he notoriously replies to what he wants to read, he did it with my posts a few pages back. When I pointed this out he flat out ignored me, I'd just drop it and be happier forgetting about this honestly. It's incredibly rude the tone he has when he responds to people.

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB

It sounds that way it really does, I don't ignore details, I just maybe do admit I am kind of getting sick so It sounds like I'm closed minded, but because of your perception it's a spin you add on your conclusion that is the problem, and everything can be spinned out of context and in a certain way, just not getting some of the stuff right makes your story totally different.

And not everything, I'm particularly pointing to the jumping of conclusion and constant comparing to Glide, it's not 1998 anymore, it's totally differend landscape of the industry, there are developers that will use this thing to push the standards up and that will pull up the rest of the industry, the other part is the extra benefit of consoles being on GCN so developers would not be wasting time re-writting the optimization code, some of it yes, some converted but far easier than from scratch, that's what is the money&time saver right there.

I wouldn't be saying any of this if I wasn't sure.

You just said what i highlighted, dude: that's what i was referring to as "translator".

Let me put it this way:

• Mantle uses CGN to "speak" with the game
  • Since nVidia doesn't have CGN, it'll need a translator which is where the support code comes in
  • Since nVidia will have to use an extra step for Mantle, it has to process more data then AMD which means there's a hit in performance

No, i didn't meant that.

If Nvidia had to do that, makes no point using the new API.

It doesn't use GCN to speak with the game, GCN is an architecture, it uses Mantle to speak with the game. Mantle supports GCN currently and It may later support more GPUs because it's open standard and Nvidia can put their code straight beside AMD's

Processor Intel 13700K
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
It sounds that way it really does, I don't ignore details, I just maybe do admit I am kind of getting sick so It sounds like I'm closed minded, but because of your perception it's a spin you add on your conclusion that is the problem, and everything can be spinned out of context and in a certain way, just not getting some of the stuff right makes your story totally different.

And not everything, I'm particularly pointing to the jumping of conclusion and constant comparing to Glide, it's not 1998 anymore, it's totally differend landscape of the industry, there are developers that will use this thing to push the standards up and that will pull up the rest of the industry, the other part is the extra benefit of consoles being on GCN so developers would not be wasting time re-writting the optimization code, some of it yes, some converted but far easier than from scratch, that's what is the money&time saver right there.

I wouldn't be saying any of this if I wasn't sure.

But that's just it, there's really no way to be sure. Sure a lot of things have changed in the industry, but mostly technically. The one thing that hasn't changed is that AMD and Nvidia still take their own separate paths. This in reality is a discussion of potential, POTENTIAL mind you, tech sharing. Name ONE piece of tech as significant as Mantle that AMD and Nvidia have shared that was created by either side? There's no previous model for how this will play out other than Glide, so obviously many are using it as an example. You can call it jumping to conclusions all you want, but blindly assuming Mantle will overcome the obstacles that shot down Glide is where the conclusions are being monumentally leapt to.

Look, as I've said before I am currently an AMD GPU owner. Of COURSE I want it to succeed. I really get sick of seeing DX11 games suffer from lack of optimization. It's why a LOT of devs don't even bother writing in such features in their games. I'm a realist though, I know a lot of Nvidia customers out there are not likely to accept this, it's obvious from the chat that exists already.

If you wanted to argue your points better you'd have examples to showcase WHY you feel we are jumping to conclusions, ones that show how AMD and Nvidia have shared tech successfully. No one can though because in reality the only tech they actually share is that which is neutral, such as the horribly inefficient Microsoft written API they already use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Look, I scour the web and all the mantle threads out there, almost everyone who compares Mantle with Glide in a negative way is wrong in most of their opinions on other things around mantle.

What examples to showcase, the first post of this thread has it all, I'm just talking what I pulled out of that stuff man, I don't have to make stuff to show you to know, I could make it and you'd understand, but I don't have time to do that anymore.

Because, all you guys on the forums out there, think that it's about YOUR opinion that these threads want to influence, I didn't post this thread to try to convince you as a primary goal, no, whatever your opinion is has no influence on reality, and is totally irrelevant, everyone in this thread can be negative, you won't change anything, but if you think you'll feel better after doing that, go ahead.

I am interested to explain to a certain point, but this is ridicolous, it just means, you're opinion is set, and that is a sign that I don't have to waste more time with you.

I can see some people having posts like "When I see the hard numbers, i'll care" .... well, who cares about that guy, he is a mainstream gamer, he is not interested in the topic as a tech thing to research it on his own,

Who do you think the people in forums mostly are, avreage gamers, they don't have a wide attention span, they are consumers, they consume what is feed into them, and if you don't bring it to their attention, I have done my research on Mantle from a personal interest, without any gaming interest for the moment, I will not play BF4, or Thief or whatever, I don't even have a mantle-GPU, and I definitely won't get a new GPU just to play a bugfest in terms of gamplay and balance.

---------------------------

Going back to those who bring up developer interest and the glide comparison, they don't know much about, so they psychologically default to negative, because they speculate on the "developer interest" and then their mind makes up excuses to fit that belief, and from a small speculation you end up 9 pages bringing up new arguments which are actually the stuff that fits your view

So I've realized that mostly it's all from the root of "developer interest"

That's why I'll link the most important stuff below, one article mentioned it a few days ago, but the real deal stuff is years old, I've already posted this on this thread, guess I just need to do it again.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2011/03/16/farewell-to-directx/

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/13/5170612/amd-mantle-interview

Last edited:
Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
What examples to showcase, the first post of this thread has it all, I'm just talking what I pulled out of that stuff man, I don't have to make stuff to show you to know, I could make it and you'd understand, but I don't have time to do that anymore.

Your first post has nothing but AMD claims on performance, and that's all good if that were all that mattered, but it's not, and it's what you don't understand.

So what you "pulled out of that stuff" is nothing new, it's what most already know and won't mean beans unless the majority of devs in the industry don't see it as a problem with their Nvidia customers.

It's not just about performance on AMD spec, in fact if it's too good, it may be even harder for Mantle to succeed because that very well may mean an even bigger differential between performance of Nvidia and AMD hardware for gamers, and those games could very well sell poorly with Nvidia customers because of it.

You talk like you don't have the time and have more than once said you're not going to participate here anymore, but all you do is repeat the same copy and paste info that anyone can obtain, it's common knowledge, not research.

What you SHOULD be researching is what made Glide fail, instead of insisting it's a non issue, because you still don't seem to get that this is more about overall industry reception than performance gains on just AMD's side.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Is mantle getting released this month still?

I haven't read in here much.

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Your first post has nothing but AMD claims on performance, and that's all good if that were all that mattered, but it's not, and it's what you don't understand.

So what you "pulled out of that stuff" is nothing new, it's what most already know and won't mean beans unless the majority of devs in the industry don't see it as a problem with their Nvidia customers.

It's not just about performance on AMD spec, in fact if it's too good, it may be even harder for Mantle to succeed because that very well may mean an even bigger differential between performance of Nvidia and AMD hardware for gamers, and those games could very well sell poorly with Nvidia customers because of it.

That might mean bad for nvidia, not mantle, you're twisting things. Also, I don't care about sideffects it will cause to others, it's coming, it will be great, it will uplift the industry into the correct path.

--------------------

Is mantle getting released this month still?

I haven't read in here much.

SDK is released early 2014, the only thing released this year is BF4 update, expect on xmas, probably not later, they're going home to holidays.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10

A good experienced man can predict things, you are inexperienced, you need hard proof to be able to see that. Just like the obamacare supporters, they had to see it written in their mail that they would have to pay 3 times as much, but we who were telling this would happen for months prior, because we done the research, they didn't take it seriously..

We didn't need to spend 5 hours watching AMD's PR team direct executives through talking points about a new product of theirs to be skeptical. You know why? History. I've seen this kind of song and dance before, and it didn't work out so great then. AMD has always overstated the benefits of their products; HD3xxx series, Bulldozer, Phenom I, etc. We know how much difference low level API's can make, hell they are currently around, the problem is they don't succeed unless they are truly 100% open, and nobody has actually done that yet. PhysX is a low level API, and it works great on Nvidia hardware, but terrible on AMD's cards. It has pretty much floundered since Nvidia bought up Aegia because of this fact. Lets look at past examples, Glide was great for 3dfx customers, but terrible for Nvidia, AMD, S3, and Matrox customers.

The basic fact is to have a low level API you need to be able to talk directly to the hardware, in the case of Mantle, apparently GCN. If you cannot speak directly to the hardware you need to add abstraction layers to translate, this causes noticable performance loss. Either AMD\Khronos will have to update Mantle to support Nvidia's architecture, or Nvidia will have to change their architecture to match GCN, and I guarantee that will never happen. For Mantle to succeed it needs to be supportable by Intel and Nvidia, and I just don't see that being possible without those companies paying a fortune.

Even though it is not relevant I'll touch down on Obamacare--simply put, you're wrong. Any increase in cost is actually saving people from financial ruin. In previous years you could have health insurance plans that gave nearly 0 benefits and cost next to nothing, and because most people aren't diagnosed with serious ailments it gave the illusion of an effective plan. Sure, at the lowest level (Bronze Plans) you're paying more, but your plan is orders of magnitude better, Insurance companies can no long drop you the second you get sick, and pre-existing conditions don't force you to pay 5x as much if you can even get insurance. Cost will come down over time as healthy people start essentially fronting the cost for those who have serious health problems.

You can keep saying whatever you want, but it's only your perception, which obviously doesn't affect reality.

Don't worry, you're distorting enough reality for everyone here.

If Nvidia had to do that, makes no point using the new API.

When I read this I was so certain we had broken through, it was like a TPU rendition of The Miracle Worker, but then you just kind of shrugged it off and it was like Requiem For A Dream...

It doesn't use GCN to speak with the game, GCN is an architecture, it uses Mantle to speak with the game. Mantle supports GCN currently and It may later support more GPUs because it's open standard and Nvidia can put their code straight beside AMD's

The point of low-level API's is that they exist within the engine and communicate with hardware. They aren't some kind of intermediary software that works wonders and just improves performance. It's basically like this--The engine is programmed with the API within it, the API directs the Engine in how to directly communicate with the hardware, if the API does not recognize the hardware it has to translate it so the hardware can understand it which takes time and causes a loss in performance. Engine->Mantle->Hardware. If the API does not adequately communicate with the hardware the whole purpose of the API is lost.

Nvidia can't just plop a bunch of code in there either, and it's not easy to create a low-level API, it takes years of development. There's also the fact that unless I'm missing something, adding tons of code to add support for various GPU architectures would bog down the API, just like it has with DirectX in the past.

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
That might mean bad for nvidia, not mantle, you're twisting things. Also, I don't care about sideffects it will cause to others, it's coming, it will be great, it will uplift the industry into the correct path.

You're still not getting it. No wonder you dismiss Glide's failure, because you still don't seem to get WHY it did. This is not just a matter of AMD customers selfishly enjoying better performance without giving a damn about what Nvidia customers think. Developers have to write for ALL those customers. If you, God forbid, were a developer, do you really think you could afford to not care what half your customers think? Try that attitude in ANY business and see how long it lasts.

I mean jeez put your thinking cap on if you have one. Anything "bad for Nvidia" does not stay bad for long because they have the money and the customer base to easily compete, whereas AMD have very little of the former to throw around. They simply can't easily afford to spend lots of time and money on projects only to have to extensively rework them or have them fail.

You may not realize it, but in a way Nvidia can potentially be in the driver's seat on this, because they can afford to sit back and let AMD be the guinea pig testing this API, and if it has success they'll probably just come up with their own, and they'll have WAY more money to spend on talented developers for it.

In reality you're only seeing AMD and DICE's slant on this, and that is but a tip of the iceberg. It's far from proven yet, because proof of concept with this type of tech means acceptance just as much as technical achievement, esp if that tech is one sided. Furthermore, being able to compete with any such future endeavors by the completion.

THAT'S what will define success with this project, not merely what AMD customers think. There's too many unknowns to be calling this an easy win for AMD. That is an extremely naive and overly optimistic viewpoint.

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Update:

"Secret" OXIDE Demo now Available!!!

Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10
And so it continues...

I'll check it out when I get home from work.

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10
@Frag Maniac
Low level and open generally don't go together...

That's because it requires high amounts of access to the hardware to implement, and different companies aren't exactly keen to share trade secrets...

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
System Name Mean
Processor 2700k @ Modest 4.85Ghz,1.38V
Motherboard Asus maximus V formula
Cooling Sealed intel water loop
Memory 16 Gig Corsair red @2133 Mhz @ 11,10,11,27,2T timings 1.55V
Video Card(s) 2 X XFX 290 In crossfire 4 gig memory
Storage Intel 520 Ssd 520 read 500 write 120 gig system drive 3 x Wd 750 gig drives
Display(s) BenQ BL3201PT 32" 4k 60Hz Professional Widescreen LED Monitor
Case Lian li Tall tower
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply enermax revolution 87+ 650w '80 plus gold X 2
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7671243 http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/display.php?id=17224737452
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Johan tells on twitter they have their own site for all things frostbite engine, I don't think it takes all of them to fix bugs that are mostly game logic stuff , and core programmers usually never fix bugs unless it's it's a deep engine bug, that's all handled by support and balance teams.

Well ... here we go again https://twitter.com/repi/status/412728565101113344

More awesomeness every day ...

System Name Mean
Processor 2700k @ Modest 4.85Ghz,1.38V
Motherboard Asus maximus V formula
Cooling Sealed intel water loop
Memory 16 Gig Corsair red @2133 Mhz @ 11,10,11,27,2T timings 1.55V
Video Card(s) 2 X XFX 290 In crossfire 4 gig memory
Storage Intel 520 Ssd 520 read 500 write 120 gig system drive 3 x Wd 750 gig drives
Display(s) BenQ BL3201PT 32" 4k 60Hz Professional Widescreen LED Monitor
Case Lian li Tall tower
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply enermax revolution 87+ 650w '80 plus gold X 2
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7671243 http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/display.php?id=17224737452
System Name My Surround PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS STRIX X670E-F
Cooling Swiftech MCP35X / EK Quantum CPU / Alphacool GPU / XSPC 480mm w/ Corsair Fans
Memory 96GB (2 x 48 GB) G.Skill DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Suprim X 24GB
Storage WD SN850 2TB, 2 x 512GB Samsung PM981a, 4 x 4TB HGST NAS HDD for Windows Storage Spaces
Display(s) 2 x Viotek GFI27QXA 27" 4K 120Hz + LG UH850 4K 60Hz + HMD
Case NZXT Source 530
Audio Device(s) Sony MDR-7506 / Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x 1 kW
Mouse Patriot Viper V560
Keyboard Corsair K100
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Mellanox ConnectX-3 10 Gb/s Fiber Network Card

I never expected them to make the deadline. Even disregarding previous technical issues, releasing a new product just before your development team goes on holiday vacation for one to two weeks seemed like a ridiculous proposition. You need your team to be ready to fix launch day issues.