1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mariposa botnet author and FBI in my city :O

Discussion in 'General Software' started by RuskiSnajper, Aug 2, 2010.

1. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Said to be one of the largest botnets in the world.

I was on holidays when it happened , so i didn't saw the FBI, probably camouflaged anyways.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38439213/ns/technology_and_science-security/

There is more to the story than this msnbc article , but wait , some infos are pulled off OUR yellow quality news papers , there's quite a lot of confusion about the information relesed by authorities , and some try to exaggerate, one of newspapers here is a free ad-like article based bs , so i don't yet know who to trust.
    EDIT: seems like the confusion is gone , the english articles were just outdated and didn't keep up with our press.

FBI said they confirmed the author is iserdo. He is already free but on the line , paid the ransom, and also he was developing tools for hacking and setting up botnets that cost 500 for basic and 1300 $ for advanced versions. And everyone saying around he's genious , the news is a blast here , it's everywhere.

search for "Iserdo" and you'll find some localized and more detailed articles than the english ones which some cut half of the story out.

And he's not "nabbed" , not at all , but some of the botnet is.

I think this whole deal is so funny , I would never ever thought the biggest hacking mastermind would be operating in a house a few streets away from me. WTF :twitch:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010