1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mass Effect 2 "Arrival" DLC Out Now.

Discussion in 'Games' started by erocker, Mar 29, 2011.

1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    http://masseffect.bioware.com/info/dlc/

Price is $6.99

If I'm not mistaken this is the final DLC for Mass Effect 2 bridging the gap to Mass Effect 3 due out in the fall.

avatar_raq and Bjorn_Of_Iceland say thanks.
  2. chuchnit

chuchnit New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dang it I still need to buy/play the other DLC. ME2 was by far one of the funnest games I've played.

3. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    hmm still none on steam?

4. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine

Thanks Received:
    Crap! Really got to get my puter going now.

I'm a Mass Effect fanatic. :D

5. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    Just re installed the game, do i need to finish the game for play this with all weapons and upgrade ?

6. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    hooray paying $7 for a single storyline.. no thanks

7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I spent $7 bucks at the coffee place this morning. My coffee and donut didn't last me nearly as long as this DLC. Your loss.

8. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    arrival felt very short and doing so ,a little disappointing :( lair of the shadow broker was a lot better then this :ohwell: well at least this being the last piece of DLC im going do back up my saves and do some spring cleaning :D

9. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Wow, takes you that long to eat and drink? :D

10. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    Annoying, isn't it? How hard would it be for Valve to oblige companies using their platform to sell games to release all relevant DLC on Steam? I seriously don't want an online account for each developer.

yogurt_21 says thanks.
  11. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    yeah I'd probabaly have all of these if it were on steam, really want the lair of the shadow broker but i don't want to have to remember 50 different accounts.

12. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Mass Effect 3 details

[​IMG]
    • Shepard is on trial for what happens in Arrival
    • The reapers will attack during this process
    • Shepard is definitely not with Cerberus anymore since it seems they aim to kill him now
    • Weapons will be similar to Mass Effect 2 but will be possible to customize with addons such as scopes
    • Squad mates so far are Liara, Ash/Kaidan, Garrus and Sanders (I speculate he's a relative to Kahlee Sanders from the books. And no, he's not the sniper.)
    • Other confirmed characters are Legion, Mordin, Anderson, Udina and Wrex (depending on whether they're alive or not, and I'm not sure they will be party members)
    • Several endings
    • Bigger freedom in choosing skills, distributing skill points and there will be specializations later on in the game
    • All classes can carry any weapon this time but will have limited slots - while the Soldier will be able to carry all types at the same time
    • No multiplayer
    http://www.fz.se/artiklar/nyheter/20110408/det-har-ar-mass-effect-3
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426690
    http://gamingeverything.com/?p=3119

13. Virus-j

Virus-j

Thanks Received:
    Sooooo Gotta get this, looks really good. How long does it take to complete then ? Loads of comments on youtube are saying it's really short. Im not to fond of DLC to much money spent on one game........

The funny this is though i did purchase it all so far except arrival. I still gotta finish off mass effect 2 as i sadly lost my save ages ago when my hard drive died on me.

14. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Considering what happened in the trailer, it seems "my enemy's (Reapers) enemy (Shepard) is my (Cerberus) friend" is in full-force, so Cerberus would most likely not try to kill Shepard yet...because you know, Earth is under attack.

15. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    Wut? No Tali?

16. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
  17. Virus-j

Virus-j

Thanks Received:
  18. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
  19. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I bet there's going to be more DLCs. The last DLC for ME came out like a month before ME2. It really had nothing to do with tying into ME2 but it did get people playing the game again drumming up support for the release of ME2.

Regardless, I have little intrest in ME3. ME2 is just too damn disappointing.

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Arrival will be the last DLC :(

21. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
  22. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Anyone else smell some cross-platform "opportunities" that Bioware is looking at?

It might not be a coincidence that Nintendo is introducing an HD version of the wii, and Bioware decides to delay production a bit. Color me cynical, but I think that is the only opportunity that Q4 2011 will offer (I hope I'm wrong).

I agree that ME2 was slightly disappointing. Yes, some things were vastly improved (graphics, models, core story, useful powers, less loading), but there were a large number of things that seemed to be removed only to decrease development costs (less encounters, less actual missions, probe based resource gathering). On the whole, it was very worth while; each complaint can be matched to an improvement, kind of like having a horrible hotdog slathered in amazing topings.

If Bioware really wants to wow bring back exploration, remove stupid DLC (costume packs suck), and remove bass-ackwards ammo management that only serves to slow down firefights. I will wait until Q2 2011 if they listen to this and restore ME3 to amazing with the good bits of ME1 and ME2 amalgamized into a truly awesome experience.

There are 3 DLCs worthwhile in ME2 (shadowbroker, arrival, and the one with the AI...). There was 1 worthwhile in ME1 (asteroid). Somehow I think that ME1 was significantly more complete, and ME2 was rushed out the door to capitalize on a good framework and relevant DLC available later. If this delay is as good as I hope, there will be DLC; this DLC will actually expand the story, not fill in huge gaps that should not have been there in the first place.

Ranting and personal opinion aside, I will wait patiently. Bioware has generally done well with Mass Effect. Hopefully this delay will alow them to deliver an amazing end to a generally good trilogy of games, which can compete with the play length of the first and the general polish of the second.