1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mass Effect 2 -- The Choices You Made

Discussion in 'Games' started by farlex85, May 19, 2009.

1. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks like they're answering some fan requests. Choices in made in Mass Effect 1 can carry over to Mass Effect 2 via imported save. This was the first thing I was hoping for after finishing the first one, it is the first series I know of to do this. Guy also says they are further enriching galaxy exploration. :rockout: Now let's just hope it comes out for the PC on release and we don't have to wait.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/984/984307p1.html

2. Chryonn

Chryonn

Thanks Received:
    i heard from a souce that the devs said to keep your save games to incorporate into the ME2, good stuff all around. it may or may not come out for PC at release but delaying the PC release just means Bioware(?) are tweaking/enhancing the PC version - the definitive version :)

3. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    makes sense almost all Bioware games have a import character or save game feature.

4. RadeonX2

RadeonX2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    now this is good news. Currently playing the game right now :rockout:

5. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I can't wait for the game to come out. Makes me want to go out, buy the first one again, and play it over and over again to have the ability to have the different saves!

It's looking, and shaping to be sweet! Plus, at E3, they'll have it there, and backroom will be the demo! Damn, I wish I could have that backroom pass! :rockout:

6. PlanetCyborg

PlanetCyborg New Member

Thanks Received:
    looking forvard of seeing some gameplay footage:p

7. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    hmmm never played it but I might check it out. I defiently like the idea of being able to span a sequel with choices you made in the first.

8. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    The non-story missions were definitely Mass Effect's main weakness. If they improve that, I'll be a happy camper. Oh, get rid of that damn DRM too. Activation limits suck.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I saw this and I will be buying ME1 soon. I still haven't figured out why I never bought it.

Probably gonna wait till next month though... this new comp im building is getting expensive.

10. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I was really disappointed when I found out first ME didn't support the 360 controller. I hope ME2 has the support. I find it rather annoying to release a ported game from the 360 only to remove all the 360 controller functionality.

blah blah mouse + keyboard is better.. I know this and for some games it just better to sit back and enjoy.. Lost Planet, Gears of War, and Devil May Cry 4 are prime examples.

11. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Even if I do buy the game and I get limited to installs, I just crack the damn thing anyway. Im not about to call after every 3 re-nstalls just to play a game.

12. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    the side quests had their own unique story and background and some even tied into characters and your background but ALL OF THEM where the same thing over and over again, i mostly did them for the extra and the story but dont expect a good variety

mass effect 2 is shaping to be one of the biggest games ever

the first on xbox was a feat and the pc version took all its major problems and fixed them

the story isnt that great on mass effect but your involvment is something special that makes the game

you can calm down wrex and stop him shooting himself, you have to choose between ashley and kaiden its a good game, you can influence characters too through the game

13. Blacksniper87 New Member

Thanks Received:
    looks pretty sweet will have to play the game over agian:rockout:

14. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    So are the saves suppose to carry over? Dammit I have to replay it.. Wait that's a good thing lol best game ever!

15. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
  16. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    its good to go back and play again because you can do it fast like and enjoy it or you can go back and take your time again, its cool rediscovering everything if you havnt played it in ages

cant wait for the new game its a real good game, its better than those turn based third person like knights of the old republic even tho its good

17. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I'm not going to play it again until Mass Effect 2 is out. I need to know what carries over in order to decide what I want to do in Mass Effect -> Mass Effect 2. If it is just player stats, then there's really no point; however, if it is like freeing/killing the Rachni, killing the Batarian or saving the hostages, and letting the Asari live or not then yeah, it would be worth doing Mass Effect again. I'm positive the asteroid incident will carry over (if it doesn't your character made an empty promise)--not sure about the rest.

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dude in the article I linked seems to indicate choices about characters who live and die are the main things that will carry over. I imagine the last choice will be the biggest one (whether to save the council or not), and the team one (Ashley or Kieren), but it would be cool to see subtle character choices as well. I don't think stats will carry over, as it's looking like Shepard is dead in this one and you play someone else. That remains to be seen though. It will probably be a somewhat minor carry over in all likelyhood, nothing terribly important, mostly trivial, ooh that's cool kind of thing. I was kind of hoping for the trilogy's ultimate main story and main ending to be effected by choices made throughout the whole thing, like one huge save split among 3 games, but I think it may be more of a novelty. Still cool though.