1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mass Effect 3 Demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by kid41212003, Feb 15, 2012.

1. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried it?

I like ME1&2 and after playing the ME3 demo, I think it won't be anywhere as good.

- Super cheesy and typical intro (hollywood clone)
    - Exaggerated character face emotion (try too hard)
    - I have no idea that it uses PhysX 'til now
    - Graphic settings are a joke (possibly more settings in finished game?)
    - Only characters have high resolution texture (reduce demo's size?)

http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/demo/
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think it will be just as good as the first two if not better. You get to choose how you want to play (ME1 style, ME2 style, or a more arcade-ish style). The "hollywood" part I love since this game is much like a movie, a movie that I really want to know the rest of the story of. Graphics/texture wise, I have no doubt it will be better in the final game and if they aren't, I really don't care. The game uses CPU PhysX like many other games.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
    MxPhenom 216, WhiteNoise and KieranD say thanks.
  3. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I played the Demo. I liked it so much I'm getting ready to start up my ME2 I never finished them game.

I'm play more role play for the story easy to kill stuff, I then go back and play the game on a harder mode once I know the story.
  4. Anath New Member

Thanks Received:
    is anyone else experiencing the problem I am? Everytime I try to download it I get a Sorry, this service is temporarily unavailable error.
  5. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    I am hoping it isn't too Gears of War like but im so interested in the story and characters as i loved the dialogue system that even if it is i will still play it. Ill play through it regardless as i want to see what its like.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    You are right, don't care about textures. The demo runs smooth as butter on my second machine GTS450 and a 720p LCD TV. Hell, they could bundle the new 7750 Radeons with this game!
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I heard it was lame. Gotta try it myself.
  8. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    So you're saying ME1 isn't arcade. :roll:

Anyway, played ME1 for a few hours, found it boring. Partly because I really hate that dialouge wheel and they tried to disguise a movie as an RPG and that is not OK in my book. And that "hollywoddy" shiet they can keep in the movies. The charachters (the ones I met) felt like american soldiers with alien skins, also not OK when you're running around a huge cool space station with loads of spieces.

And the wheel.. It's horrible. It's the same with ToR. You think you choose what you want to say and it comes out as something very different. Screw that.
    MatTheCat says thanks.
  9. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    I don't get it.

ME1 was an RPG to the core. Insane level curves, open ended structure, and a decent story. The DLC sucked hard, but it was a complete game out the door.

ME2 improved in some areas, but fell flat in more areas than were improved. Yes, there wasn't an endless stream of gun_name+2 collecting. Yes, the story was, in my opinion, more complete. Yes, they removed the vehicle driving over mostly empty landscapes. In its place we got a mining system that nobody enjoyed, day 1 DLC, a much shorter length, and sever character customization issues (anybody else angry about having 1 decent gun in each category?). The worlds were less interactive, and the saving grace of the much shortened missions was that progressions of narrow linear corridors were harder to get angry at (until the second play through).

Add to this DLC that cost nearly as much as the game, of which half were extra skins for characters. EA has, yet again, made tweaks to the formula that end up hurting rather than helping.

3 will require even more than the DRM of 2, which was only slightly better than the initial flavor of DRM from 1 (Ubisoft's current plan of online connection even for single player). My two cents is that, no matter how good the demo of 3 was (and it wasn't bad), the final game is going to be bogged down by EA syndrome. I'm just looking forward to the eventual postings of game cinematics on utube. All of the decent flavor, with none of the lard of EA.
  10. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Not sure how nvidia makes that work, but when I started the game, it asked me to go to nvdia website to download the lastest PhysX software.
  11. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Well, I enjoy it more for the story and that it is like a movie, only you get different choices. I don't care if you don't like that. :roll: So, yeah screw it.

Here's a list of games that uses system PhysX. Most don't use GPU PhysX, it's definitely nothing new.

http://developer.nvidia.com/physx-games
  12. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    I'm in a boycotting mood. Anyone want to join? Tired of these mega companies buying smaller franchises and milking quality brands. le sigh.
  13. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I think its pretty decent, and thats nothing new, atleast they're not completely murdering their franchises like square is doing
  14. enaher

enaher New Member

Thanks Received:
    Somebody noticed how lame running looks, even worst than the first game :shadedshu
    I played the demo as an RPG, graphics blow, I hope this is greatly impoved in the final release.
  15. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    ME1 Rocked!
    ME2 Rocked! (And I absolutely LOVED mining the planets in ME2. Maybe I'm the only one...)

I have the demo for ME3 but I have not tried it yet. I know I'll enjoy the game just because the story continues. I love the story.
  16. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    That is interesting as I think it will be as damn boring dire as the first two, if not worse.

I would further that by saying....

All the characters are like FAGGY American Soldiers!
    Frick says thanks.
  17. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    If you dont like Mass Effect this wont change your mind as its more of the same.

Graphics are similar but slightly sharper. Gameplay is more like ME2 but with some tweaks, it's a little more refined than ME2 but is a little too similar to Gears of War. Im surmising but it feels like EA has had a big influence on development. The shooting and gameplay in the original Mass Effect was nothing to write home about at all so its not too bad.

Mass Effect was never about the gameplay on its own, for me it was the complete package; the story/dialogue, RPG elements, on its own those dont stand up but as a whole they are better than the sum of its parts.

I played the demo RPG style. Pistol is still my favourite gun, still overpowered and accurate as hell lol.
  18. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Yes, they allow homosexuals in the US Military now and I don't think they like being called fags. Well, unless you're speaking of their smoking habits.. I do know a lot of soldiers that like to smoke. What the hell is that supposed to mean? :wtf:

Anyways, you and Frick are both obviously wrong. This is the best game ever. EVER. There is no denying it. I'm sorry that you cannot handle its sheer awesomeness and um.. radicalness. It's not just win. It's super win. You lose for not liking this game.. Which you actually really like and cannot handle. Generic goa-tee sportin' Shepard is too much for you. He is an enigma of which you cannot comprehend. God bless America, USA USA USA and all that. :laugh: :p
  19. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    xbox 360 vs PS3 framerates:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  20. Recus

Recus

Thanks Received:

When the real gameplay will look like this? :banghead:
  21. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    No.
  22. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Played the demo, not too shabby. I am looking forward to the game mosly to see how my saves from the original and me2 will affect the storyline.

I have a feeling that the game will have enhanced textures, but the storyline will be even weaker than ME2.
  23. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    I would have preferred an exploration of galaxies and new alien races ... In ME2 this element was very much present, instead this time, we remains on earth boring, once again to save ...

I do not understand why we ignore it but this game ends in the most trivial possible.
  24. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    another

25. meirb111 New Member

Thanks Received:
    instead of talking post your fps with this game what system specs and with what quality