1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mass Effect 3 won't be on Steam

Discussion in 'Games' started by EastCoasthandle, Jan 15, 2012.

1. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    take a look at the PC exclusives this year..it's depressing

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1216513p1.html

a couple niche titles, MMO, FTP, indie and the biggest PC exclusive Diablo III isn't even exclusive.

if you keep pirating you will have to buy a console just to play any games at all

2. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    :banghead:

They've corrupted u...

Pirating didnt kill pc games, lazy developers who understand that the console is the easier and larger market did. But rather then sound like dicks, developers and publishers blame the pirates.. When they should be saying "Were a business, we want money, the moneys in console games."

3. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    one other thing. people can argue all they want if it's actually stealing or not but ultimately it doesn't matter because to developers it's very black and white. pirating is not going to help in anyway lol

4. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Let's keep this about ME3 being Origin only and not turn it into a piracy argument.

I wonder if after they milk the game on Origin for all they can, they will drop it onto Steam for additional sales? Quite possible, methinks.

5. NC37

NC37

Thanks Received:
    Exactly...Steam is like the game console of the PC world. Trouble is, the more devs which decide they want to sell from their own platforms, the worse PC gaming gets. Competition is good but not when someone like EA refuses to sell elsewhere. It is then that EA can set the price and they can keep it high for as long as they want. EA doesn't run even a fraction of the sales Steam does. I know Ubisoft/etc would do the same.

This is the main reason I don't buy off PSN. Sony doesn't do sales unless it is through PS+ and I see no point in buying PS+ when I only use the console for Uncharted and Valkyria. XBL thankfully started running sales sometimes but I still don't use my 360 enough. Personally I don't trust the thing lasting. If I'm going to buy a XBLA game for $5 that has a PC counterpart for the same price, I'll buy the PC version anyday.

When pigs fly...if they pulled support on other titles, they won't put it back later. Specially after all the bad blood they've stirred up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Some people are really unreasonable about this anti origin shit. We are all here to play games who the hell cares how you get it. Steam, origin, etc. I don't care how I get the game in playing it. Cuz that's what I do. I play games, not bitch about how I get them and through what service.

rpsgc and BumbleBee say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    well its like being forced to use a service you dont like,

I greatly dislike Origin, i also dislike the EULA and some of the rules EA enforces with Digital Downloads. things i never have to worry about when dealing with steam.

for me it comes down to the fine details, in which case EA still proves there fucktards. I really just dislike the way everythings setup and now there shoe horning me into a client

all my games except BF3 use steam for a reason,
    I dont want to maintain

Game fly / Direct 2 Drive based BROKEN service Game flys client is officially broken you install a game you can;t properly uninstall it you manually remove files it wont let you redownload it so you have to manually find the registry keys and delete them to reinstall a game, sadly this dosent work every time

Origin service have the time the friend list isnt function people are online but it says there not its worthless addon on top of EA downloader theres no reason to enforce Origin mandatory policy its just EA trying to throw there weight around

Impulse / Gamestop service when stardock had it it worked okay but i never bothered with it Steam had there games and it worked just as well and i dont feel like supporting a company that gives PC gamers 1 3 foot high 2 shelf rack of games. and a shitty Digital service with crap prices.

Green Man Gaming's Capsule service recent addition to the digital line up was gonna buy Batman Arkham City from them for $20 turns out you need Games for windows live AND there Capsule service.

Steam has my friends list and all other features i detailed nuff said it works works well and other then holiday sales causing lag from massive numbers of users its reliable and stable

Games for windows live worst software ever devised for gaming.

etc
    to just play games on 1 god damn platform thats just a bunch of crap i dont feel like dealing with just to play my games,

need Origin a web browser bioware social account blah blah blah to just enjoy a game

so on top of currently 6 clients i also need to for more then a few titles remember multiple websites with multiple accounts and passwords in order to access my shit,

PC itself is a platform im tired of companies forcing various download measures to get my games,

there damn client software is become a separate platform all its own, which is annoying,

Steam i can simply click and play all my games not just steam purchased games but games that had no bundled software period so i have around 100 games in one easy to access location.

if EA want to be douches and force there software i will download the game elsewhere and bypass origin and ill still end up with the better gaming experience.

it comes down to what there service can provide me, and right now all Origin offers me is another service running on my desktop that takes up resources i have to remember info for and only for 1 damn game. Steam offers me better deals, my entire games library, cloud storage, friends list that actually works, voice, text, community features, etc.

If Origin wasnt just a reskinned EA downloader with issues I might be more forgiving, but if EA wanted to go this route it should have been done 5 god damn years ago. Its not like Steam magically appeared out of nowhere and its not my fault EA sat around for a half a decade like a bunch of idiots before figuring out digital distribution would be HUGE.

end of the day Steam is the better platform with better terms of service, better service in general and with less issues.

we can all make are own choices, i just wont pay EA for there product when sales drop and they dont get the returns there expecting theyll blame piracy first and eventually they will back pedal and support steam.

if EA was truly intelligent they would put the game on STEAM but offer it CHEAPER on Origin,

I want to enjoy my games. not be forced to remember 50 damn things to access said game. EA wants to bitch about steams terms of service. well steams ToS isnt all that damn different from Sony's playstation network, or microsofts Xbox Live. so at the end of the day EA is just being ignorant for no real reason.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
    ERazer, m4gicfour and whitrzac say thanks.
  8. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Eh, I guess I am a Steam fanboy because I wont be buying this thing either lol. too many different clients. tired of having to do a new one for each game

Kwod says thanks.
  9. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Me, I moan and bitch about poor products and services and support quality performers, and so far, I've yet to have a problem with steam despite yrs of use and 40 games+, however, Origin/EA keep giving me this BS about my CD key already being in use and locking me out of MP/options....so fuck them!!!

10. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    well, theres a game i wont buy.

origin runs horribly for me, deletes my game constantly and battlelog refuses to even work in anything except IE.

i've been able to play all of 40 minutes of the game thanks to that - so ME3 is either a miss or a pirate for me, and thats a sad situation.

11. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    I hate Origin more, all my GFWL games still work.....origin is the only one who keeps dicking me around.

12. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    well it works fine for me boss.

I had issues with seeing my ping in Firefox at first but it eventually fixed itself once DICE started patching their servers so its all good...the only problem is...I dont play BF3 anymore after they released the map pack.

13. TheOne

Thanks Received:
    Some could argue that DRM's actually hurt game sales and inspire piracy to avoid hassles.

The Capsule application is only needed to download the game, after installed you no longer need to use Capsule, you can just use a shortcut to the exe or even add it to Steam and launch it from there, and GFWL is required on every version in some capacity, the GMG version is basically just retail.

14. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Like I said. I'll get the game origin steam or not. Because I'm a gamer and that's what we do. Play games

Ea are fucktards? Maybe we are the fuck tards for excepting their EULA?

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Quoted for grammatical mistakes. sorry, its late and I am sleepy. lol :banghead:

16. jpierce55

Thanks Received:
    I bought an Origin game in November, and really can't say I have a problem with it. I don't see how it benefits them not to sell on Steam, but Origin is similar enough.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  17. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I'll still buy it.

18. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    Looks like I won't be buying any more EA games.

19. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure how this is suppose to work. On one hand they say you need origin (which requires an internet connection). On the other hand no internet connection is required to play. So which is it? It's not making any kind of sense. :confused:

20. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    I envisage a lot of people buying a console version of the game, rather than having to tolerate Origin. Then again, that may be part of EA's strategy as it is clearly in their interests to steer people away from the pc and towards the console.

21. NeoGalaxy

NeoGalaxy New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is a major problem... I don't think I'll ever sleep good again. If one game or more is not on Steam... the sun won't ever rise... really this is a serious problem man!!!!!!

Let's get real here, Steam is at only one thing: the 75% price cut promotions. Except that... The bad thing is that Steam is trying to build a monopol... well that's what I am afraid of.

22. NeoGalaxy

NeoGalaxy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Awesome post mate! Please do yourself a favor and at least correct the mistakes in it... If you don't respect yourself at least do it for the ones reading your posts... I've made the mistake of trying and I regret it.

P.S. I am to enjoy my games also. I don't want to be forced to read retarded posts like yours. But I can't do a shit about it... do I? At the end of day... you're just an ignorant... keep it mate, you seem to like it.

23. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    insults are always fun :toast: keep it up it makes me warm and fuzzy to know you had to take the time to respond to my post

24. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I was against Origin initially when I had to use it for BF3, but have found that it works. I still have almost all of my games (60+) on STEAM, however if there is a game I really want and it is only available via Origin - then I do not really care.

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    On the basis of your two posts in this thread, I would suggest that you should not set your sights so high: "getting real" is clearly beyond your ability. Perhaps you should focus on simpler goals where you have a chance of success, such as improving your forum etiquette and manners.

crazyeyesreaper and INSTG8R say thanks.