1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mass Effect (PC)

Discussion in 'Games' started by CrAsHnBuRnXp, May 11, 2008.

1. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Apparently this game was one of the games much like BioShock that you could only activate 3 times and on top of that, ME needed to authenticate online every 10 days to check to see if the cd key wasnt being used elsewhere. After a lot of negative feedback on the issue, surprisingly EA and Bioware listened to their fans.

Read about it here.

2. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    EA listened? How much were they paid?

What I REALLY like, is the comment at the end about not needing the DVD in the drive once you've authenticated :D

3. symix

symix New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bah, since when EA heard their fans?
    But I hope this is a good start for EA to improve their games by hearing the fans, not only for-commercial-only games.

4. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    so has a cracked version of this come out yet? ;)

5. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    Hmm EA listened to their fans?! Wow, time to celebrate rofl!!! Oh I hate that authenticating thing, it was a pain in the a!@ for me, made me do it like everytime i play :/

6. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    They make a good game for every 10 crap games they shit out. Thats not a good company to me.

7. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    i hate the madden games, its the same damn game year after year just with updated rosters and maybe slightly tweaked graphics

8. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah and they're making a big to do about the fact that they finally are getting online play, except its extremely inhibited, you can't do much on it. As far as I see it, they should have had that 3 years ago. EA sucks. I can't wait to play this Mass Effect though.

9. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I wont be buying it thats for sure.

10. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
  11. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    EA is the worst run gaming company ever. They're nearly as bad as Activision for rushing the developers to release on their schedule not the devs.
    Every EA game is filled with bugs from the get go and requires massive patching (mostly because the game has been rushed out).
    They are at the forefront of in-game ads, even though you've already payed $50+ to get the game in the first place.

And they are the BEST at repeating games over and over again (Fifa, Madden, NHL - same game, updated players and maps woo, but the idiots buy it).

All in all, a thoroughly crap company in my opinion. They do however release some of the best games, but like Shadowfold said, releasing one great game, but shitting out 10 others is not a good strategy.

12. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:

I would say they have a good game, 1 in 20. But that doesn't make them a bad company. The in game ads makes them unscrupulous. They need a longer beta testing period to resolve bugs for almost every release. The bugs make them unprofessional. I agree they shouldn't be behaving like amatuers but they only care about the money, obviously. :(

13. symix

symix New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeaah.. they removed the DRM, more easier to play, heehee..