• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Material Used in LCD 17,000-times More Warming-Effective Than CO2

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
Do you know of the volcano of Mount Tambora eruption in 1815?

From Wikipedia:

Mount Tambora (or Tomboro) is an active stratovolcano, also known as a composite volcano, on Sumbawa island, Indonesia. Sumbawa is flanked both to the north and south by oceanic crust, and Tambora was formed by the active subduction zones beneath it. This raised Mount Tambora as high as 4,300 m (14,000 ft),[2] making it one of the tallest peaks in the Indonesian archipelago, and drained off a large magma chamber inside the mountain. It took centuries to refill the magma chamber, its volcanic activity reaching its peak in April 1815.[3]

Tambora erupted in 1815 with a rating of seven on the Volcanic Explosivity Index, making it the largest eruption since the Lake Taupo eruption in AD 181.[4] The explosion was heard on Sumatra island (more than 2,000 km or 1,200 mi away). Heavy volcanic ash falls were observed as far away as Borneo, Sulawesi, Java and Maluku islands. The death toll was at least 71,000 people (perhaps the most deadly eruption in history), of whom 11,000–12,000 were killed directly by the eruption;[4] the often-cited figure of 92,000 people killed is believed to be an overestimate.[5] The eruption created global climate anomalies; 1816 became known as the Year Without a Summer because of the effect on North American and European weather. Agricultural crops failed and livestock died in much of the Northern Hemisphere, resulting in the worst famine of the 19th century.[4]

Do you know what the overall decrease in temperature (globally) was?

According to this, it was ~3º: ~3º and it caused a year without summer.

For a few more years after 1815, the temperatures recorded were abnormally low.

OK: this was a 1 time event but i'm only using it to show what a mere 3º difference in global temperature can do.

We're seeing a 0.5 increase over the last 100 years or so and, although it seems insignificant to many, it most certainly is NOT.

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
oh yes it is, how does a lack of winter hurt us?

It just means we can grow crops year round actully, the problem was the drop in temp, not the rise, how much more food would we have if we harvested on January 10th and again in the summer time compared to one crop? As for the heat issue caused by this, well +.5C doesnt hinder plants at all, give it another 5,000 years for that +.5c to make it +25C and we got a problem, but in the near future if you understand farming youd realize most crops wont be affected till you gain around 10C on them.

This is what happens:

We who believe in Global warming use scientific sources to prove our point.

Then you guys who deny it deny the facts without any scientific backup. NICE JOB.

That image you denied proves even if the world blows up you still wont believe it :rolleyes:.

provide me with a source that states that that graph is not 100% accurate?

Provide me with a source that states that "Global Warming" is different to "Climate Change" in every way

and finally, provide me with a SCIENTIFIC source that states that climate change is not being accelerated by humans

GREED for MONEY. George W Bush, basically was a smart idiot. He was smart that he had a presedential campaign that had less taxes to win the election, compared to Al Gore. But hes an idiot at the same time; his ways endangers the world by balantly ignoring, and educating the US against "Global Warming"

One question; why is it, that the people who deny such Global warming mainly come from the US? Does your education system even have "Climate change/global warming" as part of the Syllabus?

I really think, it is 100% impossible to convince you people.

Last edited:
Update: "Most of the observed increase in globally averaged temperatures since the mid-20th century is very likely due to the observed increase in anthropogenic greenhouse gas concentrations. This is an advance since the TAR's conclusion that "most of the observed warming over the last 50 years is likely to have been due to the increase in greenhouse gas concentrations". Discernible human influences now extend to other aspects of climate, including ocean warming, continental-average temperatures, temperature extremes and wind patterns" (IPCC 2007).

Source: http://www.helpsavetheclimate.com/climatechange2.html

I find it really hard to believe the arrogance of people who havent been educated in such a field of study proficiently to deny such evidence. We provide books of evidence; our rebuttal = a short phrase + legal intervention.

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Audio Device(s) Onboard
This is what happens:

Then you guys who deny it deny the facts without any scientific backup. NICE JOB.

That image you denied proves even if the world blows up you still wont believe it :rolleyes:.

Provide me with a source that states that "Global Warming" is different to "Climate Change" in every way

and finally, provide me with a SCIENTIFIC source that states that climate change is not being accelerated by humans

GREED for MONEY. George W Bush, basically was a smart idiot. He was smart that he had a presedential campaign that had less taxes to win the election, compared to Al Gore. But hes an idiot at the same time; his ways endangers the world by balantly ignoring, and educating the US against "Global Warming"

One question; why is it, that the people who deny such Global warming mainly come from the US? Does your education system even have "Climate change/global warming" as part of the Syllabus?

I would like to see that as well.

Meanwhile, i found this (PDF file): learned a few things that i was unaware too!

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
I'm proud of you guys. You've put up such a great discussion over something most ignore.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
prove it, find me prove of that fact that what that graph shows is unnatural. Anyone know why Global Warming is a Theroy and not a fact, because to become a fact you have to prove it and they can't

Hey, look -- it's the old "it's not a fact, it's a theroy [sp]" argument! Man, I remember that one from back in the day. Strangely enough, it's usually only brought up by people who aren't scientists and who don't spend all of their time in laboratories performing experiments all day.

Let me just remind you that technically gravity is still considered just a "theory," too, you know. ;)

I'm proud of you guys. You've put up such a great discussion over something most ignore.

I agree -- no matter what viewpoint you take, (somewhat) rational discourse on a matter is always a good thing. I find it odd, however, that the real issue here is one that's being ignored completely (hint: it's not "global warming" or "the environment"):

Universal entropy -- how to stop it? :laugh:

Rey17

System Name Dell Inspiron 1525 (Laptop)
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00GHZ
Memory 2GB
Video Card(s) Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Storage 250GB
Display(s) 15.4" LCD
Case Dell Inspiron
Software Windows Vista Home Premium, SP1
wow, that figure is big !! lol

System Name Black Panther
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Wifi 1.0
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72 360mm
Memory 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX2080 Ti Dual 11GB DDR6
Storage Samsung EVO 970 500GB SSD M.2 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Display(s) 32'' Gigabyte G32QC 2560x1440 165Hz
Case NZXT H710i Black
Audio Device(s) Razer Electra V2 & Z5500 Speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 Gold 80+
Mouse Some Corsair lost the box forgot the model
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
oh yes it is, how does a lack of winter hurt us?

It just means we can grow crops year round actully, the problem was the drop in temp, not the rise, how much more food would we have if we harvested on January 10th and again in the summer time compared to one crop? As for the heat issue caused by this, well +.5C doesnt hinder plants at all, give it another 5,000 years for that +.5c to make it +25C and we got a problem, but in the near future if you understand farming youd realize most crops wont be affected till you gain around 10C on them.

Lack of winter might not hurt one country but hurt another.
As much as I love the summer, I can't imagine Malta without a winter.
It only rains for four months here, and very sparsely - total rainfall for a whole year is like 20 inches!

The highest ever temperature was August 1999 where it reached a sweltering 44 degrees in the shade! Fortunately it never got higher than that (meaning there's no warming?) though occasionally it goes up to 38-40 degrees.

Myself I'm not much sure about CO2 contributing to temperature warming, if it is indeed happening. I've read studies saying that sunspot activity (the 11 year cycle) affects temperatures, others still attribute warming to the sun's slowly but steadily increasing girth.... :ohwell:

Grimskull

Processor Intel E8400
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
Cooling OCZ Vendetta
Memory 2x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD4870
Storage 4x750GB Samsung on 2xRAID0
Display(s) 2 x 20" Samsung redRose 2ms DVI
Case Gigabyte 3D Aurora
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software WIn XP Pro SP3 and Vista Ultimate Dual Boot
@Tkpenalty..... im not from the US, im in Europe. Theres thousands and thousands of people that dont buy into the global warming/climate change scam. i never bought into it, never will. Yes i believe in conserving our natural resources, but CO2 leading to global warming?? nah.... CO2 falls... its a heavy gas.... how can it climb to the atmosphere... thats gravity... hang on... gravity is a theory.... climate change must be too....

There was suppose to be WMD's in Iraq.... All the Coalition leaders in the US and UK said there was.. there was proof (apperantly).... have they found any???

I wouldnt mind a warmer summer here in Ireland.... we only get 2 weeks of sunshine... the rest is wind, rain, rain, rain, rain... did i mention rain????

Processor Core i7-12700k
Motherboard Z690 Aero G D4
Cooling Custom loop water, 3x 420 Rad
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming
Storage Plextor M10P 2TB
Display(s) InnoCN 27M2V
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-5 Plus
Power Supply FSP Aurum PT 1200W
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Oh, yeah, thanks for forgetting Australia.:p
I do believe that global warming is being accelerated by humans, and it really sucks; raise another few degrees and soon I'll be having 50C summers!:mad:

As for OLEDS, the O in the name stands for Organic; they're made out of hydrocarbons and the like, so they can't be too bad...

Well... we will get 54C summers in Hong Kong nice......:respect:

flashstar

System Name Einstein IV
Processor 1090t @ 3.8 Ghz
Motherboard Fatal1ty 990FX Professional
Cooling Swiftech H20 Cooling Kit w/ Apogee XT Rev. 2
Memory 32 GB DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI 260 XT 216 edition
Storage 2x 120gb Sandisk Extreme SSDs, 1x 120 gb Corsair Force 2
Display(s) Samsung BW206
Case Lian-li Lan-cool
Audio Device(s) M-Audio Profire 610
Power Supply Corsair TX-750
They did find hundreds of gas bombs from the 80's in Iraq...

@ HTC

Global temperatures dipped because massive amounts of ash were released into the atmosphere and blocked out the sun. It has nothing to do with CO2 itself.

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
I remember a few days when i lived in a little country town up North Woomera were it hit 50c when i was young now thats hot. I dont want to experience them temps again ever but most likely will. :(

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
It touches 48 C where I come from. The city has lakes and resevoirs around it. So that's 48 C + >50% RH. Ouch.

System Name Is rly gud
Processor Intel Core i5 11600kf
Motherboard Asus Prime Z590-V ATX
Memory (48GB total) 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport 3000MHZ and G. Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3200MHZ (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3060 12GB
Storage 1TB MSI Spatium M370 NVMe M.2 SSD
Display(s) 32" Viewsonic 4k, 34" Samsung 3440x1440, XP Pen Creative Pro 13.3
Power Supply EVGA 600 80+ Gold
VR HMD Meta Quest Pro, Tundra Trackers
Software Windows 10
It's worse than just another online newspaper, it's political. There are alterior motives there, they are not just trying to spread factual information, not to say they are worthless, there is certainly some good info there. And yes, when speaking of scientific matters, I think the fact that it is a blog does remove it's credibility. It means it wasn't reviewed or edited by an outside source before making it there. I wouldn't use them as arguments.

I haven't heard about that insect you speak of, I'd certainly like to though, definitely link some info on that. And the middle-easter and arabian countries are claiming the skyrocketing prices are not b/c they are not selling enough, but b/c of the failing US dollar and economic situations here. I don't trust that explanation or our own gov't's completely, but what can you do?

The gas prices in england would translate into about 10 USD. I doubt it's the 'failing dollar' in the US.

I know it's times, but bear with me. XD
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article4133668.ece
There are several hits on this when you google "Insect excretes petroleum". :3

Your response confuses me. All I see out of it is: "Your source sucks but it may or may not be true."

Do your part get propane! LoL, at least it'll be cheaper. Or if you’re that against CO2 ride a bicycle. If everyone did that prices would plummet.

I believe the universe has cycles, therefore our sun, earth, seasons, climates, etc, etc have cycles. Can man have an effect on the cycles? On earth and below yes. Do we actually have the "global warming" effect. I believe No.
There is "evidence" on both sides of the argument. Yes "Day After Tomorrow" was a great movie, I own it. Does it prove anything? No.

Should we be stewards of the planet we live on? Yes.
Should things like "global warming" have an effect on our stewardship? No. We should do what we UNDERSTAND is best, and when we find out we are wrong we should do what we UNDERSTAND is best again.

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard ROG Strix X670-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahead 360 AIO
Memory 2x16gb Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3060
Storage 2TB WD SN850X Black NVMe, 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe
Display(s) Gigabyte 32" IPS 144Hz
Case Hyte Y60
Power Supply Corsair RMx 850
Software Win 11 Pro/ PopOS!
The gas prices in england would translate into about 10 USD. I doubt it's the 'failing dollar' in the US.

I know it's times, but bear with me. XD
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article4133668.ece
There are several hits on this when you google "Insect excretes petroleum". :3

Your response confuses me. All I see out of it is: "Your source sucks but it may or may not be true."

That's bizarre, cool though, I'll be on the lookout for further developments in that bug thing. I'm not really saying your sources suck, I'm just saying with things of this nature I've begun to only trust true scientific sources b/c of the media's and politicians slants on the subject. A couple of those articles actually have scientific articles as the subject, so that's good at least. And it's also probable that many scientific articles on the subject have been influenced by alterior motives as well. Basically, I'm saying I don't know one way or the other, I've read scientific data supporting both sides, and I genuinely don't know, I think the verdict is still out and it's a little foolish to totally commit to one way or the other. But I wouldn't use a political blog as a basis for an argument. Like I said before, global warming to me is more of a symbol for the need for eco-friendly action than being a serious problem in of itself.

System Name Is rly gud
Memory (48GB total) 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport 3000MHZ and G. Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3200MHZ (2x16GB)
Software Windows 10
I'm having trouble finding any good sources these days. It's hard to determine if the scientist is making up crap (being paid) or actually saying something worth listening to.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.

I know this is way off topic, but gas bombs that the US gave Saddam in the 80's shouldn't count towards the "missing WMD's" needed to justify the current conflict in Iraq. :shadedshu

Anyway -- the way I see it, any environmental problems created by the production of LCD's are probably negated by the much, much smaller energy requirements used by them in lieu of CRT's. So there.

I'm having trouble finding any good sources these days. It's hard to determine if the scientist is making up crap (being paid) or actually saying something worth listening to.

You make a damn good point! However, you can usually be sure of where a scientist's intentions lie by looking at where they publish their papers -- if they publish them in something called a "peer-reviewed journal," where other scientists are free to check and verify their work, you can usually trust it. However, if the scientist in question releases his work immediately to the news media, or anything else, cast it in doubt.

Last edited:
Debate

This is what happens:

There are scientifically founded studies from various sources which question the validity of the man-made global-warming claim (and, to your surprise or dismay, they are not all US-derived).
http://www.oism.org/pproject/GWReview_OISM150.pdf
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1131275.stm

The image, to which you refer, does nothing more than to provide a (very low resolution) visual reference of temperatures with respect to time. It fails, however, to describe exactly if, how, or to which extent man has contributed to the increases and decreases in temperature.

Provide us with a source that states the information in the (above) PDF -- which encompasses far more than a temperature/time graph -- is inaccurate.

Provide us with a source which proves not only man's contributions to global warming, but also to which extent, in addition to the specific ways in which these contributions will negatively affect the earth and the livelihood of persons, animals, and plant life.

In the event you have been unaware, the US is at the forefront of studies which support each side of the argument. Are you not interested in fair and open debate?

It just so happens that approximately 31,000 US scientists – approximately 9,000 of whom hold scientific PhDs – disagree with the claims of the 2,500 (or so) IPCC scientific reviewers.

http://tadcronn.wordpress.com/2008/05/27/global-warming-consensus-31000-scientists-disagree/

Last edited:
System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols

"you people" indicates prejudice, I'd be careful with these comments as you basically just stated that everyone in the US is the same and that they all think the same way.

and you're complaining about a few months of no rain? try 9-11 that's the AZ cycle we have rain 1 portion of the year and have to store it all up. It's called a desert and it hasn't changed since long before people got there. We store it up in AZ california uses it up, california says they're in a drought, in az we call it a dry season and a monsoon season. So basically your govenment didnt' store enough water from the rains, or allotted too much for the population and then calls it a drought. that has nothing to do with the topic on hand and everything to do with poor planning. It's a desert, you can't all have grass, pools, golf courses, waterparks and expect there to be enough water to drink.

global warming is a gross misinterpretation based off of speculation. and that nice little graph you guys are flashing shows a DECREASE in temperature during the industrail revolution which go against the entire theary of glabal warming. coal powerplanst produce more emissions than nuclear ones and yet that graph shows those coal plans dropping the temperture yet still says that global warming is because of man? so it's either graph=fake or glabal warming = fake. take your choice.

and yes all the "evidence " of the polar ice caps melting. it's a 3d ice cap, you can't just measure it's area, you have to go by volume and while the surface area is shrinking, it's volume underneath is growing.

AZ is a desert and over the past 200 years our temperture have dropped by 2 degrees farenheit. and to put that in perspective az 200 years ago had no industriaization and fewer than 100,000 inhabitants. now we're over 6 million with nuclear powerplants "concrete islands" (look it up) and over 4 million cars cross our roads everyday. (mass transit, wtf is that psh)
and yet with all those pollutants we dropped temperature by 2 degrees huh the world it totally warming cause yea yeah it's totally possible for the deserts to cool down while the world warms.

System Name Is rly gud
Software Windows 10
The thing that urks me most is that people just keep arguing that CO2 drives up temperature as if they had proven it to me and I believed it. You haven't proven it, and I don't believe it. Show me an actual test with several cases, using scientific method of course. Take those cases and fill them with gas. One with nothing but oxygen, one with half C02 and half Oxygen, and one completely filled with CO2. Fill the bottom with a small amount of dirt to make an even layer that's a couple inches thick, and place temperature sensors on top of the dirt in each one (Several sensors to increase reliability) and collect the temperatures for a week. Note this must be done in the sun or something similar.

Do some sort of test or something like it. I just need someone to actually prove whether CO2 affects temperature. My idea is that temperature controls CO2 levels, not the other way around, so the controlled amount of gases in each case will not leave dependent variables unchecked.

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Audio Device(s) Onboard

@ HTC

Global temperatures dipped because massive amounts of ash were released into the atmosphere and blocked out the sun. It has nothing to do with CO2 itself.

Yes: i know.

The sole reason i brought it up was to say what a mere ~3º drop (in global temperature) can do and that it's a BIG mistake to think that a 0.5º global increase is pretty much nothing.

It is possible, however, that the drop in the temps in 1815 were not the sole reason for the lack of Summer of 1816: the blocked sun was probably a factor as well.

In any case, the temperature DID drop, globally, by ~3º and, whether or not it was the only reason, it did cause a Summerless year.

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Cooling eight 120mm fans, Swiftech GTZ cpu block, 3 120mm radiator, MCP655 pump, primochill tubing
Memory 6 gig G-Skill DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 285's (SLI)
Storage 500GB Western Digital
Display(s) 3 Asus 23 in inchers
Case Lian Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on board 7.1
Power Supply Corsair 1000
Software win 7 64
I am from the U.S. And I am alittle more than concerned with whats happening in the world today (Alright TK?!) But I would like to know what the hell the truth REALLY is. On one hand we've go people saying we are warming...On the other there are those that say phtt! no way!...Let's take CO2 out of the equation...Here's one fact...The glaciers are receding...Why?...That would mean the oceans are warming...If the ocean is getting warmer, we do have some real problems...THE THAWING OF FROZEN METHANE...But is this really a problem? This has happened before...There used to be lush tropical jungles at the POLES! So even if this were to happen, we'd still be alive. Now let's bring CO2 back into the picture. I believe we are speeding up what would have occured anyway...Back to the LCD issue...I really don't think that that process compares to the emissions put out by the millions of cars on the road, let alone the co2 emmited by the billions of humans who breath everday. It is not going to stop...There is really no way to REVERSE it. It is called change...Uncomfortable and uncontrollable...We just have do deal with it...Mankind has dealt with severe change in the past and we will in the future.

Last edited:
System Name Not named
Processor Intel 8700k @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Assassin II
Memory 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15
Video Card(s) Zotac 1080 Ti AMP EXTREME
Storage Samsung 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) 24" Dell IPS 1920x1200
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Watt Fully Modular