1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Max My Speed, My Clean PC etc...

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Steevo, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Apparently my SSD Raid array needs defragmented, and I have over 5000 issues that need repaired.

I tried My Clean PC a year ago on a new build, and apparently it had thousands of issues. I trust that no one here is actually silly enough to believe in this crap. But in case some people are searching it out they need to know its scareware.

Never use it, it doesn't even uninstall cleanly. I used ccleaner to remove the last traces of it after it was "uninstalled".
    FordGT90Concept says thanks.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  2. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    I remove these kinds of BS programs from peoples machines all the time. Bunch of crap is all they are. They are as bad as the fake AV programs.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    Me too.And people ring up "OH MY GOD THIS IS SOOOO URGENT!" ......:banghead:
  4. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    this is just fraud. hopefully someone files a complaint against them and get this trash shut down.
  5. STCNE

STCNE New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lost a Windows install to this a few years ago. It's ransomware and it's an old scam at that.

Over 2000 viruses, over 4000 peices of spyware, 20,000 urgent registry errors, etc.

I'm glad you got it uninstalled. I installed it 7 years ago or so before I really knew what I was doing with PCs. Removing it was beyond the local expert(he's a mac guy and a family friend) so we had to re-install Windows. The thing wanted $30 or so to 'fix' the damage it found.

Just goes to show you can't trust anything these days. The company publicly trades on the stock market and has ads on the TV and radio. That's what sucked me in back when I was younger. One of the radio DJs was promoting the darned thing!

They've apparently been shut down and re-named themselves multiple times. Doesn't look like they are going anywhere for good and they are obviously making a lot of money from their scam if they can afford advertising spots on the TV.
  6. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I installed it on purpose, I'm not concerned about it, I watched its writes to disk and have a snapshot of my system that I can compare if I think anything was left.

The main assholes are "US Tech Support". They run all the crap you see. A separate install too.
    95Viper says thanks.
  7. vawrvawerawe

Thanks Received:
    LOL!!! For a moment I thought you were posting this because you really thought this was accurate!!! Lol I was about to tell you different!
  8. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    I laugh every time I see one of their commercials and the people paid to say that their PC is 200% faster and more secure. How the hell are you so sure that your PC is more secure after running this junk?
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  9. vawrvawerawe

Thanks Received:
    Lol people are so dumb, they just believe whatever anyone tells them. All you have to do is say something they don't understand. It doesn't even have to exist. It's the reason all these fraud apps can even exist.
  10. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Those two sites/pieces of software are part of the company USTechSupport.
    They, also, operate these per their TOS agreement located here --> Terms of Service

The other websites are listed in this quote from their TOS (quote edited to remove a (w) from the beginning of each address, as not to generate links):

They use what they call "The Argus Network"
    Here is a quote from the TOS at USTechSupport:

Just my opinion, but I would be very wary of this file sharing/monitoring method controlled by them.
    I have, myself, had to remove their software from the unaware consumer's & relative's computers (three cases I can recall); as, it totally crippled the OSes and the, so-called, techs there had not a clue how to fix the problems when they were called.

If you want to find out for yourself, just read through all the google search results: ustechsupport reviews
  11. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    spambot network is what I think of.
    FordGT90Concept and 95Viper say thanks.
  12. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I was always curious about them but knew to stay clear. Luckily, I haven't encountered any of them on people's computers yet.
    Crunching for Team TPU