1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mayan also predicted katrina and 911?

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by HiddenStupid, Dec 9, 2007.

1. HiddenStupid New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I doubt that the world is going to come to an end. At least not in the way that most people think, I do think that there is a major shift coming up, but not the end of the world.

3. HiddenStupid New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think the end of the world does not have to do with aliens... like alien invasion. I think it is spiritual, superstition, hell, heaven ect.... I alsi dont think the crops are made by aliens...... probly spiritual, superstition, hell, heaven ect....

Can anyone confirm if the Mayan really did predicted katrina and 911?

4. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    The world will come to an end one day (but not for a few more millions/billions of years!) And if the world ended sooner, it would be to do with religion, but not an act of God or Judgement Day....just a bunch of religious nuts (aka terrorists) with access to a shit load of nukes!

5. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    History is cyclical. By studying the past, and being vague, you can make "predictions" of the future. I could say something like, "In the future a great storm from the sea will ravage a great city." or "A great nation will collapse from economic and social upheaval." It's up to the people of that time to read their situation into the statement.

These things happen. I know they will happen. That doesn't make me a prophet, just a person capable of recognizing the nature of past and future events.

6. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well said, thermo.

7. 3991vhtes

3991vhtes New Member

Thanks Received:
    +1

8. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    +2 :d

9. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Yes, although I as well do not believe that the world is comeing to an end on 2012 listen to this.

Quincidently, NASA has data and readings that the sun is not going to be on its best behavior that year as it leaves its 23rd Solar Cycle and enters is 24th, which belive it or not the 24th Solar Cycle is set to to start in 2012 and some experts beileve that this "Solar Storm" as some call it might happen a tad bit sooner then expected.

If more people are intreasted I can pull up some links for yall, used to have tons till I formated my computer.:)

I actualy found a small youtube video that says little of what I just mintioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZIfyXc8RWk&feature=related

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  10. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    we as human race cant die we are to seperieur if somthing is treading to destroy the earth or our race we can stop it or take off into space and find a new planet
    even a worldwar 3 like hitler is small to start only reason i can think of a world war 3 is a second golf war US vs Soviet state or against europe but again the human race wil survive

11. Seany1212

Seany1212

Thanks Received:
    how come the world has ended every year from the year 2000? :confused:

12. Ripper3

Ripper3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Because, even though religion and supersticion were made by people that had no ideas or grasp of science, and we can explain much more now, throguh science, I believe we're becoming more supersticious, as we all begin to believe the scare-mongering more and more.

Ice caps will melt, the solar storms may cut off connections, and increase radioactivity, the North and South poles will swap, volcanoes will erupt, nukes will fly, and we will die, we'll survive as a race, as a species, for sure, but many will die. It's nature though. If humans continue the way they're going, it's predicted that Britain will grow from ~60 million inhabitants, to 120 million, in but a few years time (I've forgotten the figures, so I could be wrong, but eitehr way, it'll be a huge increase), and so these natural disasters, are kinda a way of killing off the excess.

It's the cycle of the world, and we've helped accelerate some things (polar ice caps melting), and seemed to have slowed down others (the magnetic poles haven't switched in hundreds upon thousands of years, when they used to happen more regularly).

Hell, think of it this way though, it's inevitable and it's kinda unpredictable, and you may die, but it ain't the end of the world.
    Also, the ice caps melting, well, it's not the first time it's happenned, as it's been proven the world itself has its own sort of greenhouse effect, like I said, we've accelerated it, but it was an inevitable happenning, we'll likely get another ice age at some point though. We can prepare for that more easily actually, since we all know how to stay warm, and if it does happen, many will be able to run to the equator, where it should remain warmer, or warm enough. Well, you've seen The Day After Tommorow, and if not, watch it, heheh.

13. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I don't think we are as advance as you think we are. I don't see us escaping into space anytime soon and I don't see us stoping any sun related incident.

Also might I add another little threat to our race, currently about half of the Bee popluation are dead and it took about a five year time span up to 2007 for that to happen. If you don't relize the threat there allow me to expand on that, if all the Honybees die, all man kind dies as well and if we don't do something to keep the Bee's allive we will see far less of the in antoher five years.

14. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The thing about the myans that sort of rings true in their way of predicting things is this....They based everything they did on astrology. If you do just a little bit of homework, the reason for their "ending" is based solely on the fact of The "perfect" alignment of the universe on that date.

Take a look around Im not making this up, Nostradomus has just about the same date predicted as well, just he was many years after the mayan predictions.

Could hold some merit , but a cataclysm would have to be based on physics. (gravity, eclips', astroid/comet possibly) I lean toward terrorism as well being our early demise. I mean come on the dinos were here millions of years ago and we are but a fart in a windstorm in the life of earth. Even if we arent here the earth will continue without us!

15. HiddenStupid New Member

Thanks Received:
    If I can find out if Mayan really did predicted katrina and 911..... I may think the 2012 is.......

Anyway I would say just like some of you have said or similar..... human may or may not be extinct but earth is eternal or long long long long time life span.

16. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Pah. I predict in the future, there will be a rather large catrastophe that will wipe out the human race. It's gonna happen sooner or later.

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. HiddenStupid New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just found the best video about 2012 on youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUXZLOCQErE it shows multi people/culture that predicted the 2012 including the chinese, merlin, oracles ect....

since multi people/culture predicted similar thing.... kindda hard not to believe but I dont understand.... what about the 2000? remember rumors said the end of the world at 2000?

18. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    lol, well millions of people believe that a guy called 'God' sits on a throne in a cloud city and passes judgement on us all.......so are they right aswell....or just delusional? I say delusional!

19. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the 2012 date is when the astological alignment is supposed to happen, it only happens like one every 5 or 10 tousand years or so. Hence why they think it will cause devistating things!

20. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    Aww. Stupid astronomical alignments... I wanted the world to end with an invasion from hell :(

That or C-Conscousness taking over the world.

I jest, I jest. But seriously, 2012? In that case, what was the point in London placing a bid for the olympics that year? And just what the hell is a solar cycle?

Find out next time on TPU.

21. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    LOL, here you go.

The solar cycle, or the solar magnetic activity cycle, is the dynamical engine and energy source behind all solar phenomena driving space weather. Powered by a hydromagnetic dynamo process relying on the inductive action of internal solar flows, the solar cycle

-structures the sun's atmosphere, corona and wind;
    -modulates the solar irradiance;
    -modulates the flux of short-wavelength solar radiation, from ultraviolet to X-Ray;
    -modulates the occurrence frequency of flares, coronal mass ejections, and other geoeffective solar eruptive phenomena;
    indirectly modulates the flux of high-energy galactic cosmic rays entering the solar system.

Good'ol Wiki

22. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    Yea, I read that on there, but I don't get a word.

23. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    yeah dude, break it down for us dumbasses
    :nutkick: my brain

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    hydromagnetic dynamo... flux of short-wavelength solar radiation... , well uh a flux is defined as the amount that flows through a unit area per unit time, so uh yeah.

Also regardless if the world ends or not(more like civilization not the actual world) I do belive that something whatever it may be(Polar Shift, Solar Flare, etc.) will happen around the years 2011-to-2014. Just to many quencidental occurrences.

Only Time Will Tell.