1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MCE and Metadata

Discussion in 'General Software' started by 1Kurgan1, May 20, 2011.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    WMC and Metadata

I just got my HTPC setup and I just added images for all my movies and I'm working on TV shows. But I now want to add metadata, I tried Yammm, but it did nothing. I would almost liek to just add my own. I want to have synopsis's even for my TV shows which I think all the programs out there only fetch info off IMBD. Any suggestions?

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    What's wrong with IMDB? I'd be hard pressed to think of another database that you could download synopsis from, apart from maybe wikipedia.

3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Nothing wrong with it, but it has it's limits, out of the 6 movies I tried to get info for, it only grabbed 2 of them. Not to mention I would like a summary of the plot for each episode I got of every season of TV episodes. I would like to get as much as I can through some sort of automated setup, but hoping there is a manual way I can add it also as the TV shows just aren't going to be on IMBD.

If theres some slick way I'm missing on doing it, which I'm hoping there is, then hoping someone can tell me. I just started fiddling with WMCE yesterday.

4. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    check out the home theater section here
    A lot of good info in there.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.