1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mechwarrior 5 debut gameplay trailer

Discussion in 'Games' started by olithereal, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    The AS7-D Atlas is 100 tons. The Dire Wolf (Daishi in the Inner Sphere) is also 100 tons. The WHM-6R Warhammer, which is the other 'Mech in the gameplay movie is 70 tons. The Daishi won't be in this game, and the same goes for the other Clan 'Mechs because the timeline is prior to the Clans' return.

2. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Those graphics look effing intense... Nothing like charging after a light coming over the rise, and coming thru smoke face to face with a heavy hahaha. Thought it was a battlemaster at first glance...been a while...loved that game ;)

3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Say it ain't so!?! :cry:

To paraphrase Patrick Henry: "Give me Daishi or give me death!"

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Isnt that 70ton supposed to be a Loki or Thor?

If you read classic battletech, you will know, that the Pilots in fact dont simply move the Mech, they wear neuro-helmets to balance its gyroskope, and are more likely to never stand still in Battle... some even jump on tanks when low on ammo (and carrying only ballistics), tho its quite rare.

The 70ton lived much too long
    An Atlas weaponry should get rid of it faster

5. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    that looks great amazingly good graphics i hope the actual gameplay is like it is in that vid

6. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    Without all the buildings the warhammer was ducking behind blocking alot of the atlas's shot, it would have. That's called using the terrain in your favor.

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I do hope they incorporate the xbox 360 controller. I found using a flight stick convoluted. Albeit it did work best for me.

8. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    This game looks pretty bad ass but I have always wondered, Are the MechAssault games related in any way to the MechWarrior games?

9. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    Yes, mechassault was microsofts attemp to bring mechwarrior to console gaming.

CrAsHnBuRnXp says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    if nothing else, you could get something like the saitek p2900 controller and slave the keystroke commands to the controller via the saitek software that comes with the controller. I do that with my x52 joystick and MW4

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. I'm a huge fan of the MW series, so when this is released here in sweden.. I'm so getting it.
    Been wanting a good excuse except for using flight sims for my CH setup.

Remember the good 'ol days playing MW2:Mercenaries, using a 56K modem and playing "online". Still remember one good tactic - if equiped with jump jets, and enemy not, then destroy their legs and jump over the disabled Mech' and fire off everything you have..

Looking forward for this one.

12. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    Give me great death (If the BattleTech lore is to be believed, that's the meaning of the name) or give me death sounds like a rather poor option :laugh:

Nope. That's a Warhammer. The Loki (Hellbringer) and the Thor (Summoner) are both Clan machines. The Clans do not return for another 35 years after the timeframe of this game.... (Well, at least if you don't count the Wolf's Dragoons).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2009
  13. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    seems to be a twin IS Design of their clan counterparts...

14. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    i havent played much of the mech games so dnt no nothing of the timeframe or anything to do with the clans but if this is before the clans then maybe the machines were already around and in use then the clans adopted them? that why you see them in the video?

15. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its probably an old Star-League Design.... Kerenskys Soldiers adapted and improved it, i assume. The IS design could be the ancestor of Loki and Thor, under this cirumstances

16. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Inner Sphere mechs suck though. I mean, there's nothing you point at and say "that's awesome." I hope there is at least something that has a measurable degree of "wow" factor. Ya know, that something that makes you either target them first and foremost or decide it is better to hit the small ones and run away before it can hit you. :laugh:

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    take a look at the thanatos... its probably one of the best designs available to IS.. at least in MW4 (its quite rare in battletech series, only read 2-3 times of it)

IS only major weakness is omni-slot... i think just the templar has it... and this is a prototype

18. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am trying to get more info on whether there's gonna be a beta and when so stay tuned :)

Ahhzz says thanks.
  19. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    actually(in MW4 crosstech games), I usually prefer the IS mechs with clan weapons. The IS mechs seemed to have the better slots while the clan weapons were far superior to the IS weapons. In MW4, one of my all time favorite mech config I use is the victor loaded with ECM, jumpjets, 2 er large lasers, 1 ppc, 1 clan guass, and 1 heavy guass. That config was named Jesus by a very skilled player after seeing what I could do with it. When I asked why he called it Jesus, he replied with "It'll make a believer out of anyone".

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    sounds toasty^^

21. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    oh it is(you ought to see it with the erppc), got to know how to manage heat with that config.

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    hehe some one remembers... I guess you played it recently then as it's been many years for me lol.

I hope they make it the same i be happy. And what i been hearing it's going be basically the same thing with tweaks better graphics\physics with a few surprises. As i undersand what they saying is mechs are going feel the same so the big ones are going feel show and such were the light ones you will have jets and fly like before with high speeds

Need a date dammit haha..

23. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    Actually I haven't touched anything Battletech related for the last few years. I was simply really into in a few years back, so I can still remember most of the succession war 'Mech designs for mass, weapon and ammo loadout and quite a few for armor layout as well.

24. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    as long as the small ones are small, and the big ones BIIIIIG ill be happy with lots more terrain there needs to be cities to weeve in and out of tower blocks :D

and my big and small i mine a small one comeing upto the big ones waist, that would be good:D