1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Medal Of Honor 2010

Discussion in 'Games' started by FreedomEclipse, Feb 3, 2010.

1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Some of you have already heard about it, but for those who havent...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OojC8sUEwI

*sorry - screenshots are still a little hard to find
    ------

First impressions... It hasnt really given me a hardon like BF:BC2 has when i saw the trailer. & tbh MoH looks like a MW1 but with the inclusion of vehicles. in any case - I think it will be a fair bit better then MW2 because vehicles means bigger maps & bigger maps means more player slots available on server. but it looks shit in a sense that the setting/storyline takes us to Afghanistan which MW1 originally did & beat the hell out of. So it could just be another MW1 but with added vehicles but we shall see.

it has also been mentioned that there will also be player operated vehicles like bikes, tanks & Jeeps but the main one that tops the list....'Helichoppah' in single player but knowing MoH - they will most probably put a NPC at the flight controls & only have you man the guns which takes away the whole meaning to being able to pilot a chopper.

time will only tell - release date is said to be Q3/4 of 2010 so depending how CoD:Vietnam pans out - MoH2010 could well be competing with CoD:Vietnam if people havent grown tired of BF:BC2

Personally - Ive never played a shooter that was based in Vietnam so it could be a fun experience providing IW/Treyarch doesnt take a step towards console ports, Steam, no support for dedicated servers, stupidly low player cap, & no support for modders.

the game is on! who will be the next Xmas #No.1??
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
    TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  2. Muhad

Muhad

Thanks Received:
    FreedomEclipse, since you have not played a Vietnam game, then try and find Vietcong and Vietcong2. The MP was full of hacking, normal these days, but the SP is extremely fun to play.
  3. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    vietcong was awesome!!! thats the game that started the knifing craze for me. I even had my own dedicated knifes and nades server.
    AsRock says thanks.
  4. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    looks promising
  5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry Freedom. Your late to this party. You should know game news is my bag :D j/k

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=113827
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=109639
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=110581
    FreedomEclipse says thanks.
  6. Hunt3r

Hunt3r

Thanks Received:
    :eek:

yes this is a good game
    ;)
  7. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wait, there's a CoD:Vietnam? :s Please be Treyarch please be Treyarch please be Treyarch... dear God who thought someone would be saying that after CoD3.

OT: Oh, yay, yet ANOTHER Middle-easten conflict based game. Fun. You're about three years too late EA, that cow's been milked.
  8. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
  9. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah got totally crazy some times. For some reason i have always liked MOH over COD any day even more now as they release COD every other 1/4. Only COD game i have enjoyied was the 1st one now it's just about milking the people for short ass games at high prices.

I hope they do better and make it some what at least more realistic this time.
  10. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Ive played MoH ever since they debuted on the PS1 they've had quite a few releases under the MoH franchise. but none really got that much hype compared to CoD - probably because MoH started life on a console & later on evolved into a fully fledged PC series (MoH:AA is still the best by far compared to its successor MoH:pA)

I have really enjoyed CoD1 & the UO expansion, I disliked CoD2 with a passion, I totally loved MW1 & hate MW2.

the reason why CoD1 & MW1 were so good was because after a while maps that appeared in other games like Quake, GoldenEye (N64 lols), MoH:AA etc etc would make it to random custom map servers & thats where some of a games greatest gameplay can be found. I still enjoy playing a bit of CoD1 now n again.

pacific assault however I never got to play online because of EA's fucked up registration thing - I registered to play online & for some reason it would never let me access my account despite how many times i reset my password. but it felt like a very half arsed game compared to MoH:AA. I still have never played it online.

I still have mixed feelings about this new MoH
  11. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    If it's MOH or COD it will be in my war chest. (Although COD MW2 is not yet :cry:)
  12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Dont waste your money.
    FreedomEclipse says thanks.
  13. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    +1

its alright buying it for a console since that was the platform the game was originally designed on/for. but for PC its not worth the money.

save your cash n wait for BF:BC2
  14. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    PA was alright but thats about it. Cannot remember needing registering the game though then again i don't play them online.

Now are going to bore me with LMAO. Be nice is some of them could get some good COOP added to them with the options to mod them but i guess their either to scared to do so or just plain bone idle.

Dam wish there was more games that took more thinking about when playing in MP with COOP and less of this brain dead crap lol.
  15. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I think its safe to say that even World At War will give you a lot more for your money. I prefer to play MW1 & W@W then MW2 but a lot of my favorite servers have been taken offline on both games :/

CoOp on MW2 is alright i suppose - better then W@W's co-op but the beauty of W@W is you can run all sorts of funny as shit mods like ballons coming out of every person you shoot/kill or my favorite 'paintball' mod. In W@W's coOp you could also have a lot more people too - but I suppose having 2 ppl coOp is a lot 'intimate' since its literally just 2 of you against hundreds of enemys
  16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    W@W owned MW2 in the multi.