1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Media companies put the squeeze on 'gootube'

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Oct 16, 2006.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    When Mark Cuban said that only a 'moron' would buy YouTube, many people wrote him off as being overly negative. However, the thing about business analysts and billionaires like Mark Cuban is the fact that they are usually right about these things. General Electric (which owns NBC and Viacom), along with other companies have recently been talking to YouTube about the copyrighted content hosted their. Instead of paying YouTube for content deals, they are trying to get YouTube to pay for the content already hosted there. It looks like YouTube subscribers may have to start paying soon.

Source: The Register

2. Canuto

Canuto New Member

Thanks Received:
    If that happens they can kiss my a**

3. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    I really hope YouTube survives as a platform. But I also hope its value crashes. It's insane that AGAIN there are these .com fanciful valuations that have ZERO correlation with current or near term revenue but are based on the concept of $ per "community member" which basically means, $ for advertising space