1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Media drive setup??

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Cja123, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Cja123

Thanks Received:
    Hello,
    So I have a couple of questions. Look at my system specs for any information that you will need about my computer.

1) I have a 1TB hard drive and I want to use it to house my media and games. However, I am having issues with it and windows media player. I want to have windows media player constantly update with the new movies that I add to the "Movies" folder on my drive. Yet after I add them, they never seem to show up. I have already added my drive location for windows media player to pull videos from. To sum it up: I would like to know the best and most practical way to get my movies that are on a drive separate from my OS drive to show up in Windows Media Player and to be ready to stream to my PS3 with no hitches.

2) What is the best way to set up the drive for optimal media accessibility? I will be streaming these movies unto my PS3 and I would like to eliminate as much clutter as possible. I think this is more of an opinion based question and I am open to any suggested alternatives to my current situation.
    So far I have folders set up as such
    [Games]
    [Music]
    [Movies]- then folders of sub categories such as Comedy, Action, etc..
    Let me know if there is a more sophisticated/practical way of archiving my media.

Thanks for your help everyone.
    Oh and I have messed extensively with permissions and still have issues with getting the movies to show up in windows media player. :confused:
    Update- I have also realized that when I change the name of a movie, it no longer plays in windows media player.. nor can I get it to show up.