1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Medieval: Total War 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by DannibusX, May 10, 2010.

1. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I played the demo to the first game a really long time ago and it was pretty good. I'm thinking about grabbing TW:2. Anyone have it? Is it worth getting?

2. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    It's worth it. Try getting the custom mods as well. I've been playing Clouds Over Europe instead of the original M:TW2.

3. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Great game.

4. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i still play it. a lot of fun.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    You can also get a newer version of the series, like Napolean Total War or Empire total war

6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    The game's quite annoying sometimes though, when you're deemed "too strong" already. As Georgia (in Clouds Over Europe) I had no hostility towards Egypt and the Kingdom of Jerusalem. But after I conquered the Ottoman Empire (who isn't their ally anyway), they declared war on me right after I declared war on Russia (which isn't an ally of theirs as well, until a year after the war started - conquering Russia was a primary objective). And here's the annoying part. I've defeated each and every army from Egypt and KoJ already and restrained myself from conquering all of KoJ (restricted myself to Aleppo and Damascus) but when I offer peace I'm the coward. :laugh:

7. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    the total war games were never known for good diplomacy your allies are notorius for turning on you etc. but yea its worth it

I have

Shogun Total War = alot of fun some intresting modes still a great game to play IF you run ATI gpus nvidia gpus after the 7900 series do NOT render the game properly

Rome Total War + both expansions. great game modding community is massive and diverse RTR mod is 1 of the best mods ive ever had the privledge to play

Medieval Total War I have it havent played it much as it also had the same issue with Nvidia gpus aka any DX10 nvidia gpu will not render the game properly

Medieval 2 Total War + Kingdoms Expansion = awesome game best overall of the entire franchise mods are great bugs are minimal and the mods like Third Age Total war offer a great side campaign to play

Empire Total War own it after 15hrs with the game i put it away it was buggy and broken not worth the hassel i had with steam to get it to even run patches fixed this but they were to little to late to change my opinion.

Napolean Total war originally an expansion its now a seperate game because of how bad Empires was so now you have to pay full price for an stand alone expansion

if you would like a list of interesting mods send me a PM

8. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    agreed. medieval 2 total war is the best all around

Crunching for Team TPU