1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Memory bus speed exceeds memory rated speed after oc

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by toohot, Mar 28, 2011.

1. toohot New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi All.Sorry but I am new to overclocking ,so I decided to give it a go.Well I now you should not use Easy Tune 6(ET6)But I was worried about using the bios to overclock.Well used the easy method.I used sis sandra for test and in the report it stated Memory bus speed exceeds memory rated speed?I have attached all captured jpgs with all system info,I hope.
    What I would Like to now,can I do something about memmory rated speed.and any other improvements.I have clocked it to 2.94 ghz(5% oc) and I am happy with that for starters.temps are abit high at full loads using prime 95 /Real temp.may need re sitting/cream.Room temp is 22c
    Case temp is 18c.Check out attach.everything works and is stable.Your help would be appriciated.

system specs....
    I7 920/gskill ripjaws F3-12800Cl6T-6GBTD. DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL6-7-6-18. 1.6v
    noctua nh-U12p performance cooler.gigabyte ga-x58a-ud5.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  2. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    what type of cooling are you using?

EDIT: n/m, i see it. temps do look a bit high for such a mild oc though. what type of thermal compound are you using?

also, the only way you should be overclocking is thru the bios. if you're not comfortable doing that, maybe you should do a bit more studying on the subject of Oc'ing. browse the forums, use the seach function, etc. there are loads of thread about OC'ing your chip on this forum.
  3. toohot New Member

Thanks Received:
    My computer chasis i coolmaster cm690,front 120mm,rear 120mm ,left side 120 mm fans.
    cpu cooler Noctua NH-U12P SE2 performance(push/pull) with original noctua nt-h1 thermal compound.
    As for over cloking thru thr bios,my understanding is trial and error due to different cofiguration setups/hardware/motherboards.Going by my setup to you have any advice re memory.I have benn studying the subject on oc but am a little confused with the memmory part of it,due to the setting for type of memory I have.not so worrried about adjusting freq/blk.
    I know the cpu is on the warm side of things but I can get that fixed with fresh thermal paste. the system is over 1 year old and has always been stable ,even after the 2.94 oc(5%)It also is more zippy and responsive due to 5% oc.
  4. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    sorry dude, i dont have any experience with your chip nor chipset. if you had lga775 i could help ya out quite a bit haha
    bios is somewhat trial and error, but not in the way ou mean. your bios controls your speeds, voltages, timings, etc. if you know what you are adjusting and why, than the trial and error only come in when you are trying to nail down the final settings and lowest voltages for the speed and temps you want to run. to truly OC you need to understand what you have to adjust and why.

just for starters, check out:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22916
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108526
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20251