1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

memory help...pc3200/ddr400 4x512 timings

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by newmodder, Mar 1, 2006.

1. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have 4/512's of ddr 400 184pin and when i boot and run cpu-z it says the memory is running 2.5-3-3-7 ddr333 at 156 some odd mhz. so i went into bios and changed it to 3-3-3-8 and changed it also to ddr400..So is this right ot is there any other timing setting i need to change.the computer does seem to be a bit sluggish when booting and it takes forever for programs to load...

Any suggestions would be MOST helpful..:rockout:
  2. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    well if you KNOW its supposed to run at a certain speed, then its completely safe to run it at those speeds.
  3. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    "the computer does seem to be a bit sluggish when booting and it takes forever for programs to load"

that isnt your memory its your hardrive.. cpu-z should read 200/400 with ddr400.. u will be running at 2T with all four slots filled.. it makes a big diference in sandra memory benchmarks but no noticable difference in real life..

loading time and boot up times have nothing to do with memory speeds.. thats your hardive.. or a problem with windows..

trog
  4. FLY3R New Member

Thanks Received:
    Seconed that.. unless you noticed a change after the next boot up with changed timmings. Then maby your computer really does benifet from lower timmings. Try messing with it some more and see how low you can go(timmings). But i dont recomend going eny lower on the divider unless you are overclocking the cpu(mHz).
  5. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    earlier 64s or mobos not sure which would run the memory at 333 with all four slots filled.. the later ones still run 400 but at 2T timings instead of 1T..

in real life performance memory timing wont make any noticable difference with the 64 chip.. folks make far more of it than they should.. it certainly aint gonna make a machine run "sluggish".. memory benchmarks show it up but thats about all..

trog