1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

"Merom" promises to be Conroe's mobile little brother.

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Jul 25, 2006.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    Intel plans to launch more then just Conroe at its launch event next week. Merom is a mobile powerhouse that is the third addition to the Core family, which is the most competitive processor family Intel has released in years. Merom will be labelled under the Core 2 Duo name, with model numbers 5000-7000, higher numbers representing better performance. While Intel already has a fair share in the notebook market with Pentium M and Core Duo, Merom shows a signifigant performance and efficiency gain. Merom is already shipping to PC builders.

Source: CNET

2. Keiki New Member

Thanks Received:
    Any idea on when Memrom is going to be mainstream?

3. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    I tell you all, Conroe is a revolution, you hear!! REVOLUTION. AMD CAN GO AND TAKE A DUMPER TRUCK FULL OF AMD CPU's VERY HIGH AND DROP THEM OFF A CLIFF, FTW

4. XooM New Member

Thanks Received:
    no, don't waste AMD chips like that... before you do that, just contact me and send me them ;)
    free chips = dedicated crunchers = a happy me

Merom is pretty sick, they've been around on xtremesystems for a while and they do quite well