1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

messed up temp directory

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Darkgundam111, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Darkgundam111 New Member

Thanks Received:
    so something strange occurred, when i was modifying the temp directory setting in "environmental variables" i changed the directory from I:\temp to F:\temp, but strangely the temp folder in F drive is like non existing and causing problems. i search for it, but it is not there (i have show hidden folders enabled), but at the same time when i try to create a new folder named "temp" it will say do i want to merge as it is already existing. problem with this is that for some reason even tho i change the path to like F:\temp123 it will create the folder and have a few temp files (0kb) on there and then pretty much is unused, making me believe that temp123 folder is not working. problems i have noticed are that firefox which was pointed to that F:\temp folder is not functioning, as in not opening at all and my google chrome was wacky with constant restarting. now it seems that after changing the temp folder back to I:\temp, less weirdness is ocurring, but still firefox died on me and idk seems funky. any ideas how to fix temp directory?