1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Metal Gear Solid, Zone of the Enders HD remakes coming to PS3, 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by CDdude55, Jun 3, 2011.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/631649...emakes-coming-to-ps3-360/?tag=newstop;title;1
  2. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    Wot, why no love for MGS 1?
  3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Because everyone played it. XD

A shame they aren't releasing it on PC too. PC got MGS1 and MGS2 but that's it.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    Also, still no MGS4 for the 360. *sadface*
  5. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty sure Konami signed an agreement with Sony to make MGS4 exclusive for the PS3 for a hefty wad of cash. I don't know if it has an expiration or not.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    About time Hideo do something for the Zone of the Enders fans! I don't know about you guys but i am looking forward to the HD remake for ZOE more than MGS. :D
  7. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Wasn't the original metal gear solid ported to gamecube at some point? Perhaps my memory is a bit fuzzy...

None of the last metal gears managed to pull me in. Random searching, cheap bosses, and a "hero" that belonged in a freak show (no homophobia, I just can't see the hero sparkling and take him seriously) don't make a good game. I will say that the final bosses are always amazing, which is the one saving grace of metal gear (that and an insane man with a flamethrower).

Zoe was interesting. Mecha without regards for physics and realism is usually a good base for a game. They went a might bit trippy with the tie in shows and spin-offs, but the games are a solid thing to come back to every couple of years. New visuals won't garner many new fans, but that doesn't bother me.

Yeah, MGS4 signed exclusively to Sony. They needed an exclusive that wasn't lackluster, and rode the metal gear name for all it was worth. Kojima knew he was selling his IP to abusers, but a giant wad of cash makes morality (and respect for the fans) infinitely more gray.
  8. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Well i can tell you i am abit disappointed about ZOE being a multi-platform and i love ZOE one of the best mecha action game available.
  9. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I was expecting a new ZOE but oh well, (sad)
  10. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    You gotta start somewhere.. I think if they see that the HD's sell well... There might be a new Zoe in the pipeline..

Can't wait for the hd! :rockout:
  11. stuartb04

stuartb04

Thanks Received:
    yea zoe is good news

loved it on the ps2

it did pretty well on that console too
    so there is no reason to not make a 3rd

heres hoping
  12. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    I was expecting one too,but you know ZOE 2 is one of rarest PS2 game available apparently.
    Can't wait for the HD.
  13. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Makes no difference to me since i have no PS3. I wonder if they will totally remake MGS with new graphics? WTF is with the HD remakes, they did Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, God of War ect. Really seems like a quick way to make a buck these days. ESPECIALLY with the ones that are just high res versions of the same game, like God of War is just up res'd with no new textures.
  14. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    You do realize that this HD remake is for 360 too? lol
  15. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Zone of Enders really annoys me. What's with that name? I always thought it was an Ender's Game anime with some new fan service character.
  16. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    no emulation, textures are higher res, new UI, improved audio, trophies and cheevos, new controls, transfer save games between PSP and PS3, etc.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X and Resident Evil 4 are getting HD treatment this year too.

Konami also teased a Contra reboot.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
    stuartb04 says thanks.
  17. Raijian

Raijian New Member

Thanks Received:

What? Capcom never ceases to disappoint me. Why are they remaking Code V and 4? Why not 2 and 3?!... ugh!

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes was a remake of the original on the gamecube. It featured new guns, first person mode as seen in 2, 3 and 4, a new sound track, new cinematics, new voice overs, etc.

I didn't like it. The original musical score is a masterpiece and the one from Twin Snakes is all computerized and not so original sounding. The voice overs are terrible too, some spots actually make me cringe so bad I find myself muting the audio. The graphics are nice, but I still prefer the griddiness of the original. The added guns are okay, first person mode is okay, never cared much for it anyway.

The cinematics are laughably bad. They added a bunch of slow motion matrix-style moves to almost every cinematic in an attempt to make Snake seem cooler than he already is. Snake doesn't need to do back flips to be cool.

I guess you could say they remade it, yes, but I'm not so sure it was as breathtaking or stunning as the original, even with the graphical update.

/end rant
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011