1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Metro 2033 Black Screen Problem... help pls

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by jonathan1107, May 30, 2011.

1. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, look @ my specs first...

I'm playing metro 2033 on windows 7 64 bit with crossfire 6950 2gb...

And I have this problem:
    Whenever I'm in very dark areas, my whole screen turns black... Can't even see the Fraps FPS counter when that happens...

Would like to know if this happened to anyone else and how to fix it... It's making my gameplay real hard... I noticed sometimes I can lift that effect by zooming with a scoped gun...
  2. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    It's your monitors active backlight. When it knows its displaying a lot of very dark areas the backlight will dim. This can be turned off it its settings, so make a user profile and turn it off and set the colors the way you like em.
    jonathan1107 says thanks.
  3. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, this is an artificial way to boost contrast ratio (not a particulary good one). I have the same thing on my Samsung. Easiest way to test this is to have 1 fully white image and 1 fully black one. Then maximize both of them on desktop and switch between them and observe window frame and Windows taskbar. If the brightness of those elements changes when you switch between both images, the monitor is doing that.
    jonathan1107 says thanks.
  4. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Aha! That's the b..** that was causing the problem... Thank you guys so Much !! lolzz :O)