1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Metro: Last Light - Screenshots

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, Dec 27, 2012.

1. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stinger608, nt300, digibucc and 13 others say thanks.
  2. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I very much enjoyed Metro 2033 despite the mediocre reviews. Looking forward to this also.

3. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, I can't wait for this to come out! I hope to have a HD7970 when it does. :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I hope to have a GTX890

5. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I hope to have $50 in my budget!

While I do see Metro 2033's flaws, the game was one of the most immersible games I have ever played.

If this game fixes those flaws, I could see great reviews to go along with the immersion.

6. SIGSEGV

SIGSEGV

Thanks Received:
    yeaaaahh!! Ranger is back :rockout:

7. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    What is ranger mode exactly?

8. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
  9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    And not a single card will play it maxed out.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  10. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Can't wait for this game! Loved Metro 2033.

11. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

12. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    Cool screenshots in the OP.

Those reviews are mostly from before the "Rangermode" DLC, I think, because that DLC contained bug fixes as well (AFAIK).

Flaws being overpowered throwing knives and the English dubs being with a very stereotypical "Russian" accent. The framedrops cannot be considered a flaw, because I do not know the exact cause of those (although I figure the lighting effects and/or action intensiveness at some parts must be related strongly to that).

Indeed, Although the T and M keys still bring up a HUD even on RM Hardcore.

I am recording my playing sessions in that gamemode BTW, this time at "normal" graphics settings because "high" is not going as well on my HD 6670 as on my "good old" 4850. Except some lighting stuff and AA there are not world-sized differences.
    I finished the game in R-mode Hardcore like 3 times (not counting plathroughs on other difficulty levels/game modes), but I will play slightly differently this time in order to (hopefully) show a good hybrid of (1) finding all "gold" ammo and (2) show the least troublesome way that I know to get through a level (although that will mean there will be more risk to be taken on the way to the library, if the amount of gask mask filters available allow me to seek out the hidden ammo stashes. Else I will show the shortest route in the level between "Polis" and "Library").
    Additionally, I will play with the actual Russian dubs instead of the English (with the ingame subs enabled) so there is max immersion for me, while the dubs used during Artyom's visions will also sound way more convincingly then when they are in English (deep, manly voices with some echo instead of immature whispers).

I will upload it to Youtube once recording and editing is done, albeit I won't link to it here because this thread is about Last Light. I will link to it in the game screenshots thread and "your YT uploads" on GN.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    I cannot sum up what this game does to me so I'll allow The Lonely Island

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  14. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Pretty much sums up how I feel as well. Classsssic :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  15. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NHKS, tacosRcool and Animalpak say thanks.
  16. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Will it have Co-Op i wonder.

17. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Probably not. I don't see them doing anything drastically different from the first game other than trying to market the crap out of Last Light.
    From what videos I've seen, looks like they will only be tweaking some gameplay elements while introducing some new ones and to provide the best story they can. Aside from that, I personally wouldn't want much else to change. Although co-op is a nice thought, I don't know how they would implement that in a world such as Last Light, with it being closed world and all.

18. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Hope they improve the monetary/upgrade system from 2033. The clear choice for me in all my play throughs including the hardest difficulty mode, was to just keep all the more powerful mill spec ammo and use it vs upgrade. I never even bought armor. The way 2033 was made you don't need to purchase weapons, armor or upgrades on any difficulty mode.

I'd also like to see creature animations improved. They were too stiff and slow in 2033. It was also disappointing that there wasn't many fights against winged creatures. Legendary actually was better in some of these ways.

19. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    I actually liked trying out all the different weapons in the game. I scavenged like a mofo just to use just about every gun. But I loved the auto shotgun the most; looked like a big rocket launcher and it reloaded like a minigun...it was just sick.

The AI was decent in terms of difficulty and them adapting to your playstyle. However, if they had AI similar to how RAGE implemented it, it would make it an even harder game no question about it. If you watch some gameplay of RAGE you'll see what I mean.

I wouldn't mind if they had some better animations as well. Or some different unrealistic ones at that, even if it was to be compared to some Borderlands 2 weapon reload animations.

20. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Lot's of weapons can be scavenged as you go. I simply saw no need to waste time shopping and spending precious mil spec ammo that makes any gun that uses it quite powerful anyway. Sure they put lots more such ammo in the areas at the end, but having a stockpile of it avoids searching for caches whilst you're being attacked by waves of Nosalis. The first place it's very useful is in Biomass, and there's no decent caches of mil spec ammo before that point, just a few rounds here and there.

On the AI, I was referring to the creatures only. Once a fight breaks out with humans, you'd better be prepared, but the creatures were too easy, poorly animated, and dumb as bricks. Would have been nice if they'd given them some clever intelligence like the Aliens in AvP 2010, whom like to hide in the shadows.

Rage's AI made sense because they were crazy mutants and could pull off acrobatic, wall climbing moves. Metro's AI is more straight up military, where it would make no sense. The human AI was plenty good enough, the creature AI though was lacking. I don't expect them to make Nosalis climb walls, just make them more clever at hiding and flanking. As is they act invincible and all you need do is find a choke point and blast them, or in some cases like the tunnel you seal off, run past them.

Another complaint I forgot about, is some creatures, like the big ones in the library that are harder to kill, are too easy to sneak past. Most would choose to sneak past and save health and ammo I think. For all the potential this game had to scare the crap out of you, Dead Space 2 actually does a better job of it, and much of it is due to superior creature abilities. I also think Dead Space 2 does a much better job of building atmosphere and suspense.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  21. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    Erm, just make sure you prepare well enough during "Sparta", and make use of the shelf in "Biomass" (right after leaving the elevator).
    I agree however with the word of advice to not buy weapons (except throwing knives, if you happen to "loose" them).

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Throwing knives are awesome. On my first run through on the hardest mode I'd forgotten what a bitch Frontline can be if you're not prepared. I went in without armor or a gas mask, so I thought I was screwed when I found the way to the alternate stealth route and died of toxic radiation. Then I found the gas mask and the few throwing knives I had got me through.

23. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    That.Looks.Beautiful.

24. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    graphics looks beautiful,, I hope they make the animations more fluid and the gameplay/story more interesting, If they do that.. then definitely a 2013 GOTY candidate

25. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    It is perfectly possible to play through the game on RM Hardcore without armour, as long as you don't Rambo through and use stealth. By being careful I recently managed to avoid a fight with Lurkers in the former playground (did not realise I could before, and engaged in order to get them down quickly). Using stealth during "Frontline", "Black Station" and in the bandit stinkhole soon after leaving Riga was actually obvious to me. It may lead to less stashes being plunderable (so you won't be able to get all Mil. ammo, I suppose) but overall it will be better. The only time I went "Rambo" during "Frontline" was when I tried to get the "Hedgehopper" achievement. After I aquired it, I restarted the level in order to get through it "normally".

Crunching for Team TPU