1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MicroFly/Qpack MODernize

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MKmods, Apr 3, 2009.

1. tzitzibp

tzitzibp New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, quite a few people were relieved to see that you were not included to the candidates.....

and even more people (including me) were and still are a bit gutted for the same reason!
    for us you a winner -period!:toast:

...although a prize is always welcome!:D

MKmods says thanks.
  2. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    you all are my prize:respect:

Honestly its a bit of a disappointment as the mod wasent just an upgrade but a whole new/better way to do it.

And many more may have seen it (its just too much work to maintain multiple threads on different forums)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
    tzitzibp says thanks.
  3. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    we need to get another contest going at tpu.. The ATI card design went over pretty good.. There was some problems, but we all have those..

4. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey MK that fan you posted on page 60, how did you go about doing that?

I've got a few of those fans to play with you see :D

MKmods says thanks.
  5. craigbru

craigbru New Member

Thanks Received:
    So, what are you working on now Mark? I can't picture you sitting idle for long... :D

MKmods says thanks.
  6. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    Hey Craig... I have spent the last 4 days fixing the stuff on my car I should have fixed the last couple years (put everything off while modding)
    The time between Oct and Jan is nuttso busy for me...

I sold the Bloodrage GTI, mem, Asus DX and w3503 to Joseph (thanks again:toast:) over in the UK so I could switch back over to AMD (AMD makes me all warm and fuzzy, but Im gonna be REALLY sad to be missing my Asus DX(I REALLY REALLY REALLY love those sound cards)).

I picked up an openbox Crosshair III and AMD 250 to keep me busy and used the rest of the $$ to finish up the Xmas present Comps for the out of work families around where I live.

(crossing fingers/toes that the Crosshair Sound card comes with the mobo or its USB sound for me)
    The Silenx are the only fans that this can be done to (has to do with the flange of the fan), if you have them than basically I just cut off everything that isant round. It takes quite a bit of grinding/sanding and body filler to smooth them out like that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My original idea is top make a hole, line it with rubber edging and press the fan in. That reduces noise/vibration as well as the need for the silly mounting screws (I mean come on do fans with practically no pressure need 4 screws to hold them still?????:wtf:
    One other really cool thing is the rubber is a bit like a ball socket and allows the ran to pivot a bit if you want to direct the air even better

Like this (this is an 80mm one)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    Scrizz says thanks.
  7. craigbru

craigbru New Member

Thanks Received:
    You have been busy then! I know how it is to get wrapped up in modding, and then other things can slide a bit. I'm sure that will happen to me when I start the next project.

I've heard good things about the Crosshair. Hopefully it's a complete 'open box'.

8. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    I have been batting between .500 and .750 with complete open box mobos from Newegg. So Im pretty confident, and honestly the worst case il try out a USB sound card (Ive never tried one before so now is as good a time as any)

9. steelkane

steelkane New Member

Thanks Received:
    MKmods says thanks.
  10. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    thanks SK, but thats not for me. Honestly I would rather spend my time inspiring/helping the good friends I have made here at TPU.

tzitzibp says thanks.
  11. craigbru

craigbru New Member

Thanks Received:
    Contests or not, win or lose, you'll always be an inspiration Mark. You've not lost sight of what's important in a community.

MKmods says thanks.
  12. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    :toast:

Yeah, modding isn't all about the "contest" but the showmanship that it gives the person/community. Anyone can get someone to mod, build. But, to get really inspire them to do it themselves.. That's a whole different form of "bliss"

tzitzibp says thanks.
  13. craigbru

craigbru New Member

Thanks Received:
    Exactly. Just because you win something doesn't automatically make you better than anyone else. There are plenty of people who have won, and contributed nothing to the community. Well, those people are soon forgotten, and referred to as 'that guy', because nobody remembers their name. Guys like Mark make their reputation another way, and I doubt there aren't many who haven't heard his name. You put out consistent quality work, and make yourself available to the newbies, and you'll go far. Everyone pays attention to that. Look at all the mods on the first page of this forum. How many have a rating, let alone a 5 star rating? Watch how many people hop in to read this thread once a post is made. Kudos to you Mark for doing things the right way. There are others that have forgotten their humble beginnings...

tzitzibp and MKmods say thanks.
  14. steelkane

steelkane New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree with that,, I don't even know anything about any intel contest,, I was just making suggestions, I know you help others,, I can mod my ass off, but still learn from others all the time.

tzitzibp says thanks.
  15. tzitzibp

tzitzibp New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats way MKs' threads are special....:toast:

they are not just full of pretty pics... lol, they are...but, we learn things (mods, methods, tips, etc):respect:

MKmods says thanks.
  16. zAAm

zAAm

Thanks Received:
    Awh, doesn't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? :D