1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microphone???? gaming??

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Cotton_Cup, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Cotton_Cup

Cotton_Cup

Thanks Received:
    Just wondering about microphone's since whenever I see my wife with her senn headphone I kind of find it awkward (I'm a headset user btw a corsair v 1300).

After trying out her headphone for a some time I find the sound to be nice specially with my asus phoby or it felt really nice and comfortable but the downside is that without mic i was not able to communicate with people on dota2 or other chatting programs so which led me to believe that a dedicated microphone would be good with a headphone for gaming. and earlier in the afternoon I was window shopping on the mall and I saw some microphone for less than 2$ converted US. and some at 5$ just want to know if there are any specific gaming specified microphone?? since my wife doesn't have one and I plan to give her a asus ess stx for her bday I might add in a microphone to make it complete.

sorry for bad grammar too sleepy but can't sleep lol drank too much coffee.

note: site that I used looking around

http://www.tipidpc.com/itemsearch.p...y=&pricelow=&pricehigh=&ord=postdate&dir=desc

it's on the speaker/microphone on advance with a "clip" as a word of search hoping to find something.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  2. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Clip on mics are of extremely poor quality, best to find a decent boom type mic and mod it to your cans, much like I did. I use a Turtle Beach mic that was $8 and sounds supurb, not sure if you can find it in your area, though.

[​IMG]

Frederik S and Jetster say thanks.
  3. Cotton_Cup

Cotton_Cup

Thanks Received:
    hmm this is interesting never thought of modding a mic from something ^_^ I'll try to look around tomorrow afternoon on any nice quality headset to take apart XD

4. Kaynar

Thanks Received:
    I have been greatly impressed by new "double" microphones usually found on webcams and also bundled on the latest Creative card. Crystal clear voice reception and no parasites.

5. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have always found the Logitech desktop mic with the grey base worked very will for this need.

6. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Yep. I am using a webcam I got way back for $12. Works great. People always tell me my voice is very clear.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Geekoid New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. Cotton_Cup

Cotton_Cup

Thanks Received:
    well my wife already got a sennheiser hd700 so we just need a mic for her still waiting a few more hours so I can go to the mall to browse around but now thinking about it.

after using these headphone it makes me want to buy one for full time movie/audio (no gaming) as much as I wanted the hd800/700 currently got no money as need to spend on other equipment (getting a car my self >.<) I came to see this hd 448 anyone have them??

btw are there any standalone microphone with those stuff like on the rog vulcan where only a small area will be detected? (I think my xonar phob has a similar "thing" don't know what to call it. but well she will be getting the essence stx.

how well are those webcam with microphone quality wise? how good are the sound when people hear them???
    anyone got any recommend on those webcam with mic?? multiple recommendation would be nice as some might not be available on the place I'll be looking at.

9. ALMOSTunseen

ALMOSTunseen

Thanks Received:
  10. Cotton_Cup

Cotton_Cup

Thanks Received:
    well she got the hd700 for a while already.

11. Whitestar New Member

Thanks Received:
    There exists a perfect solution for you: http://www.modmic.com/ :)

This is exactly what ModMics are for: You have purchased a great headset, but there is no mic or the mic is not that great.

I purchased this a while ago for my Sennheiser 650HD. It clips on perfectly and the sound quality is nothing short of brilliant. Crystal clear and no S or F hissing noise (if you place it correctly beside your mouth of course). It's a boom microphone. Just ridiculously (did I spell that right?) easy to clip on and off. Also, it looks somewhat better than MT Alex's solution above. :laugh: Just watch the demo video on the website and you'll be wondering why the heck you didn't know about this before. :)

If you're into gaming, then combine this mic with an app called Voice Attack. Then you can just say words and add macros to them for use in games. For example say "sword" in Skyrim to draw your sword. Just brilliant. :D

ALMOSTunseen, Cotton_Cup and MT Alex say thanks.
  12. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Awesome:toast:

13. Cotton_Cup

Cotton_Cup

Thanks Received:
    thank's whitestar currently purchased one, I'll see how it goes once it's delivered.

14. Zen_

Zen_

Thanks Received:
    I see you already bought something, but I'm surprised no one mentioned the easiest possible solution for all of $4.

[​IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-de...=US_Pro_Audio_Microphones&hash=item1c305f1994

Been using one of these forever...sure it is a bit less clear than a headset boom or clip-on, and may pick up more key strokes, but it also eliminates breathing and lip smacking sounds, which anyone who spends a lot of time in voice chat would probably agree is the quickest way to be muted.

15. ChaoticG8R

Thanks Received:
    +1 to Turtle Beach microphones. Quality is always top notch and I have always had people ask me what mic I was using when on TS/Vent because it was so nice.

Modmics sound pretty cool though... :)

Crunching for Team TPU