1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microphone/General sound feedback

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by newconroer, Jul 5, 2007.

1. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    I got around to using one of my headset microphones, and it works fine, done many tests, sounds good.

I went looking for some voice masking programs, and other goof/parody things my mates and I could play around with while online.

The problem for me is that with any of the voice masking programs I run, whenever I try to run a recording test from within the program, I get this nasty nasty tron/computer like feedback. If I speak into the mic, it picks up what I say, but it's twisted and artifacted like. Even if I don't speak or make a sound it carries on by itself.

The two I tried were Voice Mask Pro and AV Voice Changer.

I'm not so dissapointed in that the programs may not work, but very curious as to where in the heck that distorted sound is coming from. It's like I am listening to the circuitry on the motherboard zinging back and forth.

This board has Realtek HD 7.1 driver signed 03/07

2. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    have you got your speakers on while recording yourself man, it could just be feedback from you speakers into your mic???

3. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    They are head phones, and keep in mind, mic/recording works fine, as mentioned above.
    It's when I run those programs that it goes haywire.