1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microphone / Jack Problems

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Raidenskingdom, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Raidenskingdom

Raidenskingdom New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys, this is my first time on this website. So, this problem just started today. Everything was working fine, and then all of a sudden my microphone and/or microphone jack decided to screw me. Truth be told, i don't know which one it is. It's just not working for some damn reason and no sound is going through. I've made sure it wasn't muted on both the headset and the computer, I've unplugged it and replugged it in, checked the audio drivers and everything. I just don't know anymore and it's really upsetting me :/ Can someone please help? Much appreciated.

2. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Welcome to TPU

It is hard for other members of the tpu community to assit as there is no mention of the hardware and brand names in the OP [and or PC system make and model]

nb: If you get a chance next time you are logged in; go to UserCP and fill in system specs and OS

atb (all the best)

Law-II

3. Raidenskingdom

Raidenskingdom New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alrighty!

I set up my system specs. I really hope this helps.

Law-II says thanks.
  4. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

This system appears to be a toshiba notebook; with integrated HD audio; over on the toshiba forums lots of info in regard to issues of this type

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/search.jsp?gqt=audio jack not working

Look in Windows\Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\device manager: under the heading Sound,video and game controllers for a yellow exclamation mark, if a device has this try reinstalling the driver [Note: if there is no exclamation mark and the microphone is not working it may require~[servicing/repair if under warrenty]~as this *may be a hardware fault]

This link should help reinstall drivers
    http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Audio-...sound-from-speakers-or-headphones/ta-p/272423

nb: Model Number required if it is to hand

Dont forget to backup any critical data before using a recovery disk, if required [it will set the notebook back to it original state]

atb

Law-II