1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

microphone problem.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by sputnio, Jan 24, 2008.

1. sputnio New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have a microphone problem on my pc151 (brand new). i bought these so i can talk to other people on FPS's (mostly counter-strike and some tf2 stuff) but whenever i go to talk they cannot hear me, but when i turn on the command to hear yourself all i hear is noises like my pc fan (i think?) and thats really it.

i want them to be able to hear me, not the stuff going on in the background.

i think you just have to do something in the sound options but i am completely sound retarded :/

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Need more info dude. Check my guide for a better way to ask a quesiton that has some hardware relation to it.

One, what's the driver versions and what brand for the drivers? pc151 is a part number, who makes it?

What OS? If Vista you may need Mic Boost to help, I've found it has issues with mic's when trying to use the same volume as XP. What software are you using for voice-chat while gaming? Teamspeak? Vent? ????

Need more info sput...

3. sputnio New Member

Thanks Received:
    Brand = Sennheiser
    OS = XP
    voice-chat = in game
    Drivers = for microphone? i have no clue it didnt come with any / cant find any

4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    What sound audio device are you using? Onboard? Add-in card? Brand? Driver? Make? Model? Front panel? Rear connection? 3.5mm jack? Anything you can think of please add to your next post.

Plus, I will ask again, what program are you using to interface via Voice Communications to others? Game Driven? TeamSpeak? Ventrillo? etc...

5. sputnio New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am using in game as the Voice Communications...

and i am using a Creative SB XFI with the driver SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_09_0007 it is in the rear connection

6. sputnio New Member

Thanks Received:
    i will just update the driver and see what happens..