1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft announces next-generation Xbox One console(uses windows kernel))

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, May 21, 2013.

1. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Read this update 2 minutes before checking this thread and noticed you beat me to it.
    Microsoft backtracked big time, at least they realised their mistake.
    Now all we have to do is wait for EA to learn from their millions of mistakes and do the same, then the gaming world can be a better place.

rtwjunkie says thanks.
  2. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:

hahahahahahahahahaha

wait for it....

wait for it....

:nutkick:
    yeah, right.

mlee49 and RCoon say thanks.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  3. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    MS also announced they're changing the name of their new console, it's now called XBOX One-80 :nutkick:

All kidding aside, this is one major win for all costumers! I wasn't expecting a reverse so fast, I guess the ratio of pre orders in favor of PS4 got MS to reconsider all their stupid policies, well good for everyone:)

Now if we could make them rid of the stupid Kinect in every box, that would really make the Xbone an appealing proposal :p

AsRock says thanks.
  4. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
  5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    More like they cannot afford to sell the xbox 1 for $14 to make sales like they did with win 8. And i think it's more like forced if they want a positive out come..

And i still would not buy one not due to the charge to be online but for trying this BS in the 1st place.

6. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    True that. not coming anywhere near that. I have to throw enough money at M$, there's no way I'm sending any for this. Too little, too late. Screw em.

7. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I agree I am not going to sit back and praise a company for doing the right thing when they should have done that in the first place, and the fact that you need to install a patch to remove these horrible features and the way how they are saying its negatively affecting other features makes me very skeptical, is this just PR, and down the road whats going to prevent them from redoing this if all thats stopping them is a patch.

I personally am still going to wait about 6 months afer release to see whether or not I am going to buy a WiiU or an PS4 but MS can still go fuck themselves for a solid year after release in my mind, why 6 months, I have had 1 dead PS3(have a slim now), 3 dead 360's(1 was a slim, now have a another slim with the hybrid uniclamp + aftermarket heatsink), and I have had not one problem since my gamecube, on the nintendo front seems like the WiiU is just as solid as the Wii in terms of reliability. If the PS4 is a solid console maybe I will get one if the games are good but the WiiU needs some better games.

8. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    I saw something somewhere, where a MS rep reportedly said that the DRM was hard coded into the X-cocks, and that they were built around the DRM, and couldn't just be "switched off".......

9. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    That's retarded.

10. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it's not been a good year and a half for an EXTREMELY arrogant MS. First they ignore the server enthusiast community and make WHS 2011 the way they wanted, then a year after launch announce it is finished (although it still has mainstream support till 2018), then the whole Windows 8 debacle (no matter what side youre on, I think we can all agree it is a debacle), and now finally the whole deluded requirements list they announced with the X-bone.

Hopefully soon they get a clue and realize they need to stop telling their customers what the customers want, and actually listen to their customers.

11. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
  12. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    yeah, did some searching, and can't seem to find an original quote... I did find some meme with that basic on there, but couldn't find an "official" statement.... probably just more trolling. Eh, like I said "reportedly" :) looks like FUD until someone points to something official :) Not that I doubt that some assnut from M$ would have said that, just can't find it :)

13. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    My thoughts? I'll gladly accept the need to walk to my console and put a disc in it every time I want to play a game in exchange for the ability to freely trade the games. I refuse to believe that America(or the World) has become so lazy that we will make a big deal about the need to get up off the couch, walk 10 feet to the console and 10 ft back. The author is just trying to find a negative where there is none.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  14. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    alot of what he says are simply his opinions and opinions are opinions, not facts.

15. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Sony have no better ethics, infact they where one of the first companies to impose draconian DRM, anyone remember the whole Sony rootkit debacle? yet lots of people seem willing to trust them now over MS who haven't actually followed through with their DRM proposals and backed out before they came to fruition as opposed to after the event....

I like consoles, their like an extension to my e-peen PC and smartphone lol and I am a media consumer so will likely get one of them at some time to play with for 4-6 months before realising my £40 dvd player and PC can provide me with the same requirement without the hassle of buying yet again another overpriced media system that will be a dust gatherer after the initial buzz has worn off!

P.S this sounds like sarcasm, though is likely how it will play out, I need to have a "next-gen" console and will likely justify in my head reasons for buying one or the other, though alas it will end up being used to watch movies or let the kids play games on cause they're not getting on my PC :laugh:

P.P.S sorry, I am droning on a bit, the vodka does that to me sometimes :)

16. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Oddly enough, a lot of people are crediting this backtracking in large part to the fact that Sony didn't play ball with Microsoft and implement the same policies like Microsoft was hoping Sony would.

And I wouldn't say Sony has had any draconian DRM. They have been pioneers in DRM, but not draconian. I wouldn't even say the rootkit issue was draconian, it was pretty much the same DRM that was being used in the software industry at the time, DRM that had been in use for quite a while before Sony started doing it.

AsRock says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  17. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    IF they removed these "features" (I used the word lightly) then they can so easily put them back again. Wait a couple years and you'll see a new update that complies with some bull shit court ruling and you wont be able to play offline.

Also not allowing used games was just out right stupidity. No beyond stupidity, moronic. Do they not realise that second hand retailers like GameStop and the like are the ones that are selling the consoles in the first place, and publishers fall over themselves to make sure they please GameStop by including some stupid DLC if you pre-order from them and not other retailers.

BAH the whole thing stinks.

18. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    It was weird to see Angry Joe rant at hecklers this time instead of MS.

[yt]xcXdWRJ-xb4[/yt]