1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft announces pricing and accessories for 360

Discussion in 'News' started by grazzhoppa, Aug 17, 2005.

1. grazzhoppa New Member

Thanks Received:
    $300/€300 for just the console, a wired controller and standard defintion AV cords (basically the minimum needed to use the console). It also comes with an Xbox Live silver subscription.

Another available package:

$400/€400 for the the console, a wireless controller, 20GB harddrive, wireless headset, high definition AV cables, the Xbox Live subscription, and a media remote control. You think those prices aren't too bad? The accessories are extremely expensive - expect to pay at least $500 to actually play a game on this system. Memory card is $40/€35 and an extra wireless controller is $50/€45.

For the complete list and pricing of acessories see GamesAreFun.com's report

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  2. Specsaver New Member

Thanks Received:
    what's the point to spend money right now if PS3 is coming?
    Once there are 2 new consoles on the market, prices should become reasonable. I hope I am right ;)

3. Dippyskoodlez

Thanks Received:
    It will be a while this round for console prices to drop im betting..

besides, its for bragging rights... I mean, why do retards buy an fx-57 and never overclock it? ;)

4. grazzhoppa New Member

Thanks Received:
    There are rumours that you'll need the harddrive to play xbox1 games and of course there will be 360 games that will require the harddrive. Even though extremely popular games like Halo 3 most likely wont be engineered to need the hdd, I could see how somewhere in the xbox's marketing department they have figures stating what percent of games released on the 360 should require the hdd to maximize profit.

The way those accessories are priced, parent's of 8-15 year olds will be shelling out $$$ to have their kids playing with a 360.

This was interesting. I feel sorry for people with only a wireless ethernet router and want to play the 360 online - they will have to pay $100 for an adapter. And the fact that Microsoft won't allow 3rd party accessories will keep the prices of those wireless controllers at $50 each for a long, long time.

I could definately see how the average person will blow at least $500 to get a 360, 2 controllers to play with a friend or sibling, and 2 games.

The only good news is that MS will probably get agressive when the PS3 launches and start offering bundles that include 2 controllers and 1 or two games at the same prices as the packages are now.

People get paid some nice salaries to come up with a pricing scheme that'll make as much money as possible.

5. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    man a computer is way beater just think u can play games on it use it for work and surf the web with it and over clock it and mod it and alot more