1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Confirms Zune Players Officially

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Jul 22, 2006.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Microsoft Corp. confirmed Friday that it would develop and sell digital media players under Zune brand-name.
    said Chris Stephenson, a general manager of marketing for the software maker. Microsoft’s Zune player will be available in three colours with a duotone approach on each. The device will contain a hard disk drive as well as some functionality, not currently available on competing products, such as Apple iPod or Creative Zen, including ad-hoc music sharing between a group of people in the range of the device as well as digital radio, thanks to Wi-Fi connectivity. Microsoft Zune 30GB will cost as much as $399. Along with the Zune device, Microsoft is expected to launch its new online music store.

Source: X-bit

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  2. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    I hope anything Micro$haft fails and i also hope when DX10 come out for vista only games developers switch back to open GL

3. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow... with a name like Zune and a boring logo like that... just think:

"Hey, do you like my new Zune?"
    "Zune? Wtf is that?!"
    "I don't know - but it's got wireless so everyone can steal my music any time they want!"

Maybe it'll create and iPod-Zen alliance?

4. NamesDontMatter

Thanks Received:
    LMAO I hope your joking. Think back a few months and recall those vicious lawsuits between Apple and Creative over this.

I still don't get why you guys can't just give new things a chance. It's like you almost don't like change. In this industry usually change is a good thing, unless its that dell modular PC of course haha. Half of the AMD fans almost cried when they saw Conroe benchmarks and claimed they would not believe it until it was in retail. People on this forum should be much more open to change and new ideas, especially if you are interested in this industry because "the only constant is change." Everyone claims they will not buy windows Vista, but watch in about a year 75% of those people will have it. We should at least wait for reviews of Zune before critisizing it, remember IPODS are not perfect, I still hear reports from my friends of their 60GB IPODS just stop working.

Also remember that to be successfuly Msofts ZUNE has to beat the IPOD and ZEN in everyway, service, functionality, user interface, storage, price. This will actually be good even for IPOD fans because if Apple has some good competitors this means more reasonable prices. Who knows maybe . . . just maybe Zune might be just as good as IPOD.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  5. v-zero Guest

Zune: Worst brand name, ever! (imagine comic book guy is saying it).

6. koesto New Member

Thanks Received:
    google redirect zune to ipod site

Hi saw here at www.zune-player.net that google is redirecting search engine results to the apple website !

7. OOTay

OOTay New Member

Thanks Received:
    umm zune? what in gods name or these guys on lsd?? and are they trying to make them selfs look smarter by adding a logo composed of complex lines? good luck to them... not.

8. Specsaver New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, it is pretty obvious this logo shows a "Z" letter in 3D. Are you 3D-blind?
    Wireless downloads is way to go, I like the idea. The price is a joke, though.

9. OOTay

OOTay New Member

Thanks Received:
    im completely 3d blind thats why i cant play computer games or drive a car.

One word short stuff, sleep deprivation and nice eye too.