1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft criticizes Google on copyright compliance

Discussion in 'News' started by wazzledoozle, Mar 7, 2007.

1. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Microsoft, the corporation that has copyrighted the scroll wheel and double click, recently criticized Google for being too slack on enforcing copyright law. Microsoft claimed that Google "systematically violates copyright" law, citing Google book search and Youtube as examples.

Source: C|Net

2. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    that is a cheap shot by Microsoft to use youtube as an example, no doubt that is down to the fact that msn search sucks and Goggle is the dominant force for search engines.

3. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Agreed. MS just wants everyone to play by their rules. Face it MS, Google is a verb now, so GOOGLE THAT!

4. binormalkilla New Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL so true!

5. mout12

mout12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    MS just needs to face the facts that the world is coming to an end. Everything is becoming free, and soon the anti-christ will be born.

6. Fusion New Member

Thanks Received:
    I totally agree with that, imagine what MS would say if google launched an OS, they would try saying that it 'breached copyright' by being an OS :nutkick:

7. Seany1212

Seany1212

Thanks Received:
    How the *insert colourful word here* can you copyright a double click, i just did 8 getting onto this damn topic :roll: , the scroll wheel i can understand, but microshaft are starting to take away human action :wtf:

8. kakazza New Member

Thanks Received:
    But you do know html links only need a single click, right? >_>

9. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Come on, who here can honestly say they don't want to see the two largest companies in the computer industry go at it...

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  10. evil bill New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd rather see Jessica Alba and Salma Hayek go at it tbh.................

oh, right....sorry, mind was elsewhere then, yes google, MS, copyright, bad news etc,....

11. Scavar

Scavar New Member

Thanks Received:
    It would be sweet if Google released an OS.....and did everything XP/Vista did.....but better.....and it had it own drivers for everything, because it already knows.

Google and MS can't really fight, it would ruin both companies, a war would be a sinkhole for both of them.

12. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    ms breaks laws all the time, they outright steal other companys patanted and copyrighted goods and clame them as their own.......what a crock......

i can see people sending google donations just to help them bitchslap ms around if things got down and dirty lol

13. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    Name something recent that was patented or copyrighted that they stole and claimed as their own.

14. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    dont need to name something "recent" i can show results where they did it in the past, and KILLED the company they did it to or bought them out, anymore if a company gets ass ramed by ms they normaly dont even bother sueing, because ms has UNLIMITED $ for leigal fees where as most other software companys dont, ms also steals stuff then buys out the company they stole from to avoid these issues.

biggist one of the past was Stacker, ms stole it, changed the name and used it, they got a BETA version tho, full of buggs, they didnt even change the code, just the name, from stacker to doublespace, eventuly they lost in court, but not after screwing stacker over permenently(ruined the company)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stac_Electronics

thats just the best known time they screwed somebody, and lost in court.

do some research, ms also effectivly "stole" IE core from a company by signing a contact that said the other company would get a % of the sales revnu from the sales of ie, then they gave IE away, in the end ms lost there as well, and if i remmber correctly ended up buying out the other company as well.......

ms is KNOW for doing this strongarm crap, its common knowlege, they only really care if its them thats on the "loosing end" of a situation.

15. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    I see nothing wrong with Microsoft's business practices, and nothing that backs up your claim that they consistanly steal patentted or copyrighted material.

16. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok heres one from THIS YEAR
    http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/27/147243

thats intelectual propertie theift, something ms would sue over, but has no problem commiting themselves.

take the case of lindows ms claims they own the word "windows", outside the us they won a few cases, but in the states they really didnt have a legg to stand on, and the ONLY reasion they won was because they had the money to sue in 6 countrys at once.

or heres one of ms getting what hey pull on other companys

http://web.luchs.at/article.php?cat=10&aid=289

want some examples of ms getting mad that what they consider their idea being used by others

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/06/microsoft_google_hypocrisy/

http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/09/01/microsoft-cries-foul-at-stolen-interface/

http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-6159305.html

so if ms cant get their way its hypocracy but if they screw somebody else over thats kool

or some older acctions of ms.

http://news.com.com/2100-1023-274998.html

more shoing ms's hyporacy.......sure its not theift in this case, but its bullshit none the less.

and a list of companys ms has bought out, many(or even most) being companys they stole from and found it easyer to buy out then go to court with
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_acquired_by_Microsoft_Corporation

also read this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
    its how ms does buisness, and its how they have done buisness for many years.

little movie you shoudl see
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_Silicon_Valley

injoy, oh and somebody shoul have warrned you (newtekie1) that its not wise to call me a lier :) because if i state something as fact i can almost alwase back it up(sometimes i cant find the sorces again...damn slow 56k)

ask around tho, when it comes to this stuff......well i have no life and spend ALOT of time "geeking"

im an ms windows 2003 user, but i dont like a HUGE part of how ms does buisness, they screw people and companys over and get away with it.

17. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    I see nothing wrong there, Microsoft is above all laws.

18. Darkrealms

Thanks Received:
  19. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    google has been working on their own *nix version for some time, it wont beable to take windows place for gaming, but for buisness and most home users it could, as could many free linux/unix versions i have used/tested :)

20. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Google already has their own internal *nix distro for their servers.

21. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Vista. Striking resemblence to MAC OS X? Yes. :D