1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Discussion in 'Games' started by mdashoot, Jan 3, 2008.

1. mdashoot

mdashoot New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been thinking of getting this, I just got a Saitek X52 Joystick and want to put it to use. What im wondering is if this is something more advanced than what I want, I mean does it take forever just to learn how to take off? Is it made more for a real pilot, or someone who wants to be? And if so mayabe you guys could suggest some other flight simulator type programs or games, mayabe something involving jets and blowing shit up but still close to the simulator type thing.

2. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Well its a very simple game and with the new service pack that just released for it, there is a lot more detail and realism in the graphics.

As for skill, you don't really need a lot of it, you can adjust the realism of the simulator to realy realistic to not so real(which allows for more control of the plane).

Its an alright game in my opnion and its got some neat online featuress, if your really into flying planes go for it.

Again don't worry about it being hard to manuver, if you have any experince in FPS games it'll be a walk in the park and especialy since you have a joystick(so much simpler)

mdashoot says thanks.
  3. mdashoot

mdashoot New Member

Thanks Received:
    that sounds good, I didnt know you could adjust the simulation. I might just go with this because I dont really see anything else that I like as far as flight sim. Thanks

4. Snipe343

Snipe343

Thanks Received:
    I dont have it but i played it, its really fun and i was able to fly(i have no flying experiance) so i think you will be fine at it.

mdashoot says thanks.
  5. mdashoot

mdashoot New Member

Thanks Received:
    well, I just ordered it.

6. Snipe343

Snipe343

Thanks Received:
    cool hope you like it, i would probely buy it myself if it wasnt for the fact that 1. my computer broke and 2. i dont have a joystick. Ill probely get it within the year tho

mdashoot says thanks.
  7. mdashoot

mdashoot New Member

Thanks Received:
    im sure i'll like it, and if I dont then i'll sell it to you,lol

8. Snipe343

Snipe343

Thanks Received:
    lol good plan XD

9. aximbigfan New Member

Thanks Received:
    X-plane is the best there is. I use it in conjunction with the world scenery, and the Berkut 540 model. Yep, I'm a canard enthusiast. I don't like the varieze model though, too much P-torque.

Chris

10. mdashoot

mdashoot New Member

Thanks Received:
    well, I've been going through the begginers training and I like it, I didnt think it would be as fun as it is. The flight from vegas (where I live ) to area 51 is pretty funny.