1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft habu can't update

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SixPack, Dec 9, 2006.

1. SixPack New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I know, don't say you bought a Habu....:banghead: it's ms... Well I did and I thought that I would be happy:) . Basicly it's okay. Problem is that I can't use the software for the mouse. Which means that either the mouse it very slow, or it's very fast. Whenever I start the razor sotfware it says no mouse connected:confused: . I'v tried some possible solutions that I found on some danish forums, but all without luck.

BTW. I can't update the firmware either while the mouse isen't detected....

2. SixPack New Member

Thanks Received:
    Found a solution to the problem. Removed all USBHubs from device manager, Unpluged my mouse, installed driver version 1.0, plug my mouse in the front (another USB slot), updated the firmware to V2.01, uninstalled the driver ver. 1.0, installed the driver ver. 2.01, and now it runs perfectly....

3. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    Plug-N-Play can work for you in that capacity, bigtime, & especially w/ MS drivers...

:)

* What is a "HABU"? Somekind of NEW special mouse??

(I have not heard of it)

APK

4. SixPack New Member

Thanks Received:
  5. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    Aha! Thank you... off to look @ it when I get back (stepping out now for an hour or two)...

Sounds like a "gamer's mouse" for sure, what w/ the high-res DPI & what-not!

APK

6. SixPack New Member

Thanks Received:
    It is a "gamers" mouse. Like the old intelli point used to be. A lot of statistisks shows that the intelli point 3.0 was the greatest gamer mouse ever. And for the same reason ms/razor built this thing together to make it the "new gamer" mouse. On the release day 8.000 unit came to denmark and they where sold the next day. (thats what the stores told me when I tryed to order one at first). There is a small problem with it thou, the software/firmware in the stok model is crappy. It frezzes at 125 mhz polls and it's kinda triggy to update the sucker. But Razor have made a new firmware/driver now that actually works. (atleast for me)
    You can read more about that here : http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=53

7. SixPack New Member

Thanks Received:
    Btw. It comes with to pare of sidebuttons, so if you don't like the shape of one, you can just use the other one. Kinda neat...:)