1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft May Bring Back The Start Button

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by micropage7, May 6, 2013.

1. Sound_Card New Member

Thanks Received:
    W8 just brings a big clunky tablet interface to the desktop. Unless I'm missing something, it has no business being installed outside of mobile like touch devices.

Melvis says thanks.
  2. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    So explain why the amd apu desktop and the celeron laptop are working along with my droid phone on a 3800 RG¿?

3. Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle New Member

Thanks Received:
    All this fuss about the golden oldie Windows Start button.

There it was, sitting comfortable in the bottom left hand corner, not doing any harm, but doing a tremendous lot of good, rather like a cybernetic kidney. Then some bum comes along and deletes it. Well done, give the guy a prize banana.

They will soon only be making two left shoes in a pair because it is cheaper to do so. That is if the same guy gets a senior job in the shoe industry after MS have sacked him.

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  4. scajjr2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just got a new laptop with Win8. After giving it a week of trying it out I came to the conclusion that if one has a touchscreen device Win8 is fine. For everyday keyboard/mouse use it is very non-intuitive and gets frustrating to use. I got the Start8 ad-in and it makes Win8 work for me.

BTW the laptop I got is a refurbished unit. I read recently that almost 66% of computer returns since last fall are because user didn't like Win8 and not because there was anything wrong with the hardware. Saved 40% and as far as I can tell, unit was barely used.

Sam