1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Officially Denies Latest Xbox 360 Blu-Ray Reports

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, May 5, 2008.

1. Davidelmo New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol, none at all
  2. Davidelmo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Would have been nice, but not much good when all the games could out on bluray, lol
  3. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    PC-CD / PC-DVD
  4. paybackdaman

paybackdaman New Member

Thanks Received:
    Blu-ray is great for documentaries that require that much disc space, but not movies. So much space is wasted. I was rooting for the HD-DVD because of name recognition. After it died, I started to watch blu-ray. Great quality, but I don't see its true potential in the gaming market yet. Tell me, what game takes use of its 20GB space? None yet, because developers don't want to waste their time on a game that requires that much data. When the gaming world requires textures to be at all time high to take up 20GB that's when you will see blu-ray in a whole new light. But I am all for switching directly over to memory sticks. No scratching, take up less space, faster loading times...or just downloading from the net to get rid of any form of medium all together. that's just my opinion, don't flame me for it.

Don't flame me bro. lol. :toast:
  5. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:

Direct Downloads are sub-hd, and I really don't think are infrastructure will ever reach full HD capabilities (as HD resolutions will just continue to increase to those willing to pay the price tag).
  6. Dangle New Member

Thanks Received:
    If MS released a Blu-Ray drive for the 360, I'd have absolutely ZERO use for my PS3, and I'd be in a constant state of depression for spending money on the brick.