1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Releases Internet Explorer 10 Consumer Preview for Windows 7

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Konceptz

Konceptz

Thanks Received:
    To each his own man...all I'm saying is I don't have that experience running chrome

2. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Yawn. Ill try it when it pops up in the windows update, then ill go :eek::confused::twitch::wtf::cry::ohwell: then back to firefox/chrome/seamonkey :laugh:

3. GoFigureItOut

Thanks Received:
    Anyone else experiencing issue when playing Flash video in IE-10? It mostly happen on YouTube

4. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    might be the flash version being used. for some odd reason a certain build would work but then the rest would just break youtube and like sites video playback.

If Possible Use this version

11.2.202.235 is the version that worked in Firefox.

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_11.2.202.235_archive.zip

Completely uninstall flash and then install the linked version above

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  5. w3b New Member

Thanks Received:
    While I do have plenty of RAM storage space, making a program that unnecessarily eats it up (just because I have it and some others do not) is lazy coding at best. :nutkick:

Less stuff in RAM means less stuff that can bring down a web browser (or any other program for that matter), ignoring the odd occasion that something deliberately aims to overload the system (a few large sized vid files on a rogue ad server would do the trick :p ) so it can sneak past a struggling suite of programs that normally guard against such things trying to get their share of RAM and other resources (Buffer Overflow if I remember correctly).
    :confused:

Back on topic, given the presence of IE related files within the Windows OS (explorer etc), anything in this new version of IE of importance in this regard (security, I rarely use IE if ever)?

6. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    It looks almost the same as IE 9 other than the gaudy colors and Interface that too shape in Windows 1.0-3.1

7. Konceptz

Konceptz

Thanks Received:
    IE10 uses a completely custom version of flash thats embedded into the browser. You actually have to download a windows update to update the flash player in IE10.

8. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    i remember doing the same in IE 8, but after that more Updates Came About so it dont matter too much honestly, id force it if possible as a test but alas always use system restore to create a backup if it fails.

MS isnt responsible to keep flash updated, Adobe IS