1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft To Release Nine Patches Next Week

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Cristian_25H

Cristian_25H News Poster

Thanks Received:
    February's Patch Tuesday is closing in fast and, according to Microsoft, it's going to see the arrival of no less than nine updates - four rated 'Critical' and nine 'Important', that will crush 21 vulnerabilities.

The incoming patches tackle bugs that could lead to remote code execution and privilege elevation. As (almost) always, Microsoft didn't go into specifics but it did say the vulnerabilities affect Windows, Office, Internet Explorer, and .NET/Silverlight. All the updates will be made available on Valentine's Day (February 14th) at about 10 am PST (6 pm GMT).
  2. twilyth Guest

Is anyone taking on odds on vulnerabilities being the only thing it crushes?
  3. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Why cant they release a patch that supports USB 3.0 natively so I can start installing Windows 7 on my USB 3.0 flash drive in a USB 3.0 port?
  4. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    That would require a new OS install disk. Maybe with an SP2(and corresponding install media) release?
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    IIRC, thats how they got USB 2.0 into XP.