• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft to Strip Windows 7 of IE and WMP for Europe, Abiding by Laws

System Name Hell PC
Processor Intel Core i7 4820k @ 4'50GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 BIOS F17
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 4x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 770 Direct CU II @ 1306/3746
Storage OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SATA III, Seagate 1'5TB SATA II, Seagate 2TB SATA III
Display(s) Acer V243HAObd
Case Thermaltake Overseer RX-1
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC898 HD 7.1
Power Supply Nox Pulsar Blue 750w
Software Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64
Benchmark Scores 3Dmark Ice Storm: 176205 3Dmark Cloud Gate: 25357 3Dmark Fire Strike: 7760
That's getting ridiculous. Can anyone, please get Spain out of the European Union?

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
Gimme a few pounds of C4 and a flight to brussels

jk

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
Don't know what build WMP is included in Windows 7 RC but it plays everything rather well. Well everything i chucked at it.

More than likely WMP 11 (although I can't say for sure, never used any of the WIN 7 RCs yet) . . .

usually, if MS had another version in the works, they'd have started putting up new pages on msdn and ms.support . . . as well as started releasing betas or RCs . . .

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I'm just going to quote myself here:

And just for the record, I'm not saying I think Microsoft and Intel were in the right with their business practices, that isn't an issue here. What I'm saying is that if rules and regulations are going to be applied to Microsoft and Intel, they need to apply to everyone.

If Microsoft isn't allowed to bundle their media player software and Internet Browser with their OS, then Apple shouldn't be able to either, the whole iLife suite shouldn't be allowed to be bundled with OSX.

If Intel isn't allowed to make exclusivity deals, then AMD shouldn't either, and you better believe AMD made exlcusivity deals, or at least tried to.

What the EU has done is essentially taken the best basketball player on the court, and said "well you are too good, and are dominating the other players, so we want you to play with one hand and one leg".

It is utterly stupid. And yet, there are people that believe the judgements against Microsoft are a good thing.:shadedshu Well this is what those judgements have caused...

Oh, and further more, did you know the EU actually dictated what Microsoft could and couldn't call it's products after it made the judgement against them?:laugh: Microsoft originally wanted to call these newer versions of Windows "Reduced Media" versions, and the EU told them they couldn't because it sounded to negative. What fucking idiots, the name describes exactly what the EU forced Microsoft to do, and it is too negative sounding? WTF?!?!

Last edited:
Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Bureaucracy fail.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Well maybe the Pirate party can send everyone a bootleg disk of IE8.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
I have to agree . . . IE7/IE8 are some of the most secure browsers I've used . . . the issue most people have with their security revolves around users not updating as needed. I'm confident enough in both IE7's and IE8's security that I routinely browse the i-netx with no firewall up, nor AV software running (not that I condone or support this practice . . .).

It's good that you don't condone it, because you should stop doing it, ASAP.

Most security problems involving IE do not merely involve IE not being updated as needed -- the core nature of the browser is flawed. IE is intermeshed completely with the Windows OS -- security problems with IE can thus affect your entire installation.

It's why it's such an easy vector for viruses -- no amount of patches by Microsoft is going to fix it. When a security problem is found in something like Firefox, most of the time it just affects your browser-based activities -- your cookies could be exposed, or your browser passwords, or something like that. When a security problem is found in IE, the entire OS can be compromised.

What Microsoft needs to do, IMO, is split IE's rendering engine away from the browser to use internally in their OS, and then adopt a new browser engine to use with the external internet.

Besides, IE displays 95% of the i-webz correctly . . . unlike other browsers . . . it might also have something to do with the fact that 95% of all websites are still designed with IE for IE.

Not really, no. Now, I'd agree that 95% of websites look fine in IE, but that's only because so many web developers have to hold back new technologies and better ways of coding, because IE won't support them.

It's like saying a wheelchair can get in 95% of buildings -- but that's only because most buildings have to make a special ramp so that handicapped people using a wheelchair can access them.

The European Commission clearly consists of certified morons. A completely irrelevant observation, but nonetheless spot on.

Did some one want cookies? oh sorry you can only have the ones without the topping!! Because with ones with the topping taste to good......

And I really like my cookies. I hope the EC never rule to impede foreign cookie makers ability to compete.

Last edited:
System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
Don't know what build WMP is included in Windows 7 RC but it plays everything rather well. Well everything i chucked at it.

Jusy checked...

Build 12.0.7100.0

System Name PBD
Processor Core i5 760 @ 4.0GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus III Gene
Cooling Corsair H-50-1
Memory 4 x 4096mb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 Cas7
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU TOP
Storage Crucial 256GB SSD (system) + 2x Samsung F3 1TB (storage) + 2x 2TB Raid-1 NAS (backup)
Display(s) Dell SP2309w 23" 2048x1152
Case Antec Max Fusion Remote
Power Supply Corsair AX750W
Software Win 7 Pro x64
Seriously! Come on, I'd be willing to bet that almost 100% of those who have the know how to build their own computer and will be buying Windows 7 OEM or retail will have the know how to put a .exe or .msi installer on a USB flash drive and run it!

For everyone else, they'll just buy an OEM pre-built computer which will already have a web browser installed so no issue there.

The only other cases are those who have Windows Vista and want to move to Windows 7 and will buy it retail/OEM. Well, since they probably won't understand how to do a full install, that only leaves the upgrade version, of which these IE stripped versions are not.

This is a GOOD thing! It means no IE GUI or WMP for those of us who, like me, never use these programs unless we are forced to (work...). Plus, I'm sure many OEMs will install browsers like Chrome or Firefox and let those who weren't already aware of alternative browsers be enlightened.

Ummm ... indeed. That's what I was getting at.

Kitkat

And Apple will sell no bundled software with OSX as well ?

And paid linux distros won't include a browser too ?

Riiiiight.

:ohwell:

The EU is way past ridiculous. Having Win7 sold with no browser isn't benefiting customers - It is harming customers.

Like ive said in in previous post if antitrust was fair it would be 100000000X more insane. Why did my chevy come with a chevy engine what if i want a ferrrari engine in it?!?!?! WHY CANT I CHOOSE THE BRAND OF PENUT BUTTER ON MY NUTTERBUTTERS!!!!!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its rediculas weather or not u like Microsoft or not its INSANNEEEEEEEEEEEE. Arent they tired of reading about there own good deeds. They need to rename the department RANDOM FINES CAUSE WE FEEL LIKE IT. Cause the name antitrust has NOTHING to do with the job they do. Unless you dont trust them to leave you alone. Then it does......:twitch: Id be HORIFIED to have anything over there that got famous for ANY reason. THIS TOTALY RUINS ANY CHANCE OF EU GETTING SNUGGY AND YOU ARE TOTALY MISSINGOUT!! https://www.getsnuggie.com/flare/next

On a side not too it has nothing to do with u hating IE (which i think is fine) it has to do with WHAT they do. your ok with them doing it to microsoft and the one part of the OS you hate. THATS NOT WHY PPL ARE DISCUSTED WITH THEM. Its there ability to do it. JUST WAIT TILL ITS SOMETHING U LIKE. in a fair scnario (which will never exist thats why ANTITRUST IS MORONIC) They would get something you love or like too. It has nothing to do with the fact u dont use IE.

System Name PBD
Cooling Corsair H-50-1
Storage Crucial 256GB SSD (system) + 2x Samsung F3 1TB (storage) + 2x 2TB Raid-1 NAS (backup)
Software Win 7 Pro x64
Damn, if Id have known this earlier, I'd have used my vote in the EU elections and voted for UKIP. Get out of the EU then they cant f**k up our software.

Just to take this right off topic ...

In the grand scheme of things, jumping off the EU boat would be an idiotic move for the UK. 60% of the UK's trade is with the EU - so even once you're out, you still have to comply with EU trade laws to do business there anyway - so you've gained nothing. You then have to find jobs for the millions of British people that can no longer work in the EU automatically (there's 1 million in Spain alone). Sure you can kick out the Polish and give their jobs back to the British, but from what I've seen - they're mostly working the menial jobs that the British are too soft to do. So ... long story short ... you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. :banghead:

Right, back to the topic at hand ...

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
Yea, EU didnt realy think trough this one, a lot of users will have problems... Kek, guess law is above all, even when it is stupid... US version for me...

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I love how everyone whines about IE and then when it gets taken away they cry.

I really want to see what happens, no doubt most companies will go around this and install it anyway on their systems thus saving the customer from the stupidity and greed of the EU courts.

It's good that you don't condone it, because you should stop doing it, ASAP.

Most security problems involving IE do not merely involve IE not being updated as needed -- the core nature of the browser is flawed. IE is intermeshed completely with the Windows OS -- security problems with IE can thus affect your entire installation.

It's why it's such an easy vector for viruses -- no amount of patches by Microsoft is going to fix it. When a security problem is found in something like Firefox, most of the time it just affects your browser-based activities -- your cookies could be exposed, or your browser passwords, or something like that. When a security problem is found in IE, the entire OS can be compromised.

What Microsoft needs to do, IMO, is split IE's rendering engine away from the browser to use internally in their OS, and then adopt a new browser engine to use with the external internet.

Not really, no. Now, I'd agree that 95% of websites look fine in IE, but that's only because so many web developers have to hold back new technologies and better ways of coding, because IE won't support them.

It's like saying a wheelchair can get in 95% of buildings -- but that's only because most buildings have to make a special ramp so that handicapped people using a wheelchair can access them.

All that was true in 2001 when XP was released, however with Vista and now Win 7 it runs in a sandbox, and thus is not tied to the the OS, thus also how they can remove it.

So IE is no more of a threat than FF, O, or Safari.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name PBD
Cooling Corsair H-50-1
Software Win 7 Pro x64
ANALogies

Like ive said in in previous post if antitrust was fair it would be 100000000X more insane. Why did my chevy come with a chevy engine what if i want a ferrrari engine in it?!?!?!

Well I read somewhere that the EU was asking MS to do something that isnt required by other industries. The example they used was a 6 pack of coke. The EU basically wants MS to sell a 6 pack of coke with one pepsi included. You would get 5 cokes and 1 pepsi to offer you "choice". What MS did to fix this issue is sell you a 6 pack with only 5 cokes and an empty slot to make your "choice". However in the end still charging you the same price. Capitalism FTW! :rockout:

FYI if you don't like it I hear Venezuela is working on an OS. :laugh::roll:

Those analogies are frankly terrible. Just awful.

A fizzy drink is a fizzy drink. A car is a car. Sure it uses various parts to make the car but the end product serves ONE purpose - getting you from A to B.
WHEREAS:
An OS is the piece of software that runs your computer. That is what it does. A web browser does something entirely different. Similarly a media player has another purpose. And they are mutually exclusive.

To correct your car analogy, it would be correct if you were talking about the map that came in the glove box. It'd be like someone telling Chevy to remove their own-brand (and poorly designed) map from the glove box. People could then choose what map they want - or more likely, the dealerships would put whatever map they thought best in the glove box.

EDIT:
I want to combine those two analogies now.
Lets say Chevy built a car and included with it a free Chevy-cola dispenser in the dash, this gives them a leg-up in the cola market as people drive their cars every day and consequently drink Chevy-cola instead of finding another brand. What the EU is doing is telling Chevy to stop with the cola-dispenser game so that consumers and OEMs can make their own minds up about which cola-dispenser to install in the dash.

I'm done with analogies now. I need to take a shower I feel so dirty.

Last edited:

Kitkat

seems more of your byast twards ms and LESS of REALITY of how stupid it is. When u want more options u take 3 seconds and download the one you want. Same as tires rims on a car or anything else. What if they all choose one u dont like??? How will you deal doing the SAME thing as if IE were installed already?!?! Antitrust idea was great WHEN THEY STARTED now its rediculas. You dont care cause its MS. I think supporting the WILD nature of Antitrust on behalf of ms byast is "frankly terrible. Just awful."

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name Titan
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling ID-COOLING SE-207-XT Slim Snow
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 (MBA)
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" (25XV2Q), Dough Spectrum One 27" (Glossy), LG C4 42" (OLED42C4PUA)
Case ASUS Prime AP201 33L White
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Logitech Pro Superlight (White), G303 Shroud Edition
Keyboard Wooting 60HE / NuPhy Air75 v2
VR HMD Occulus Quest 2 128GB
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 Build 22631.3447
All that was true in 2001 when XP was released, however with Vista and now Win 7 it runs in a sandbox, and thus is not tied to the the OS, thus also how they can remove it.

So is it possible to uninstall IE7/IE8 from Vista/7 without having to use utilities like nLite and without any undesireable effects? I'd like to know if this is possible.

alexp999

Staff
System Name Gaming Rig | Uni Laptop
Processor Intel Q6600 G0 (2007) @ 3.6Ghz @ 1.45625v (LLC) / 4 GHz Bench @ 1.63v | AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 2 GHz
Motherboard ASUS P5Q Deluxe (Intel P45) | HP 6715b
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight w/AC MX2 ~ Case Fans: 2 x 180mm + 1 x 120mm Silverstone Fans
Memory 4GB OCZ Platinum PC2-8000 @ 1000Mhz 5-5-5-15 2.1v | 2 x 1GB DDR2 667 MHz
Video Card(s) XFX GTX 285 1GB, Modded FTW BIOS @ 725/1512/1350 w/Accelero Xtreme GTX 280 + Scythe sinks| ATI X1250
Storage 2x WD6400AAKS 1 TB Raid 0, 140GB Raid 1 & 80GB Maxtor Basics External HDD (storage) | 160GB 2.5"
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster SM2433BW @ 1920 x 1200 via DVI-D | 15.4" WSXGA+ (1680 x 1050 resolution)
Case Silverstone Fortress FT01B-W ~ Logitech G15 R1 / Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000
Audio Device(s) Soundmax AD2000BX Onboard Sound, via Logitech X-230 2.1 | ADI SoundMAX HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX650W | HP 90W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7100 x64 | Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7100 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DM06: 19519, Vantage: P16170 ~ Win7: -CPU 7.5 -MEM 7.5 -AERO 7.9 -GFX 6.0 -HDD 6.0

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Lets say Chevy built a car and included with it a free Chevy-cola dispenser in the dash, this gives them a leg-up in the cola market as people drive their cars every day and consequently drink Chevy-cola instead of finding another brand. What the EU is doing is telling Chevy to stop with the cola-dispenser game so that consumers and OEMs can make their own minds up about which cola-dispenser to install in the dash.

The idealogy behind that is wrong. The EU and people defending the EU's decision are saying that the people that use Microsoft's OSes are forced to use the bundled software, and hence it blocks out the "competition". This is false, plain and simple. No one is forced to use IE or WMP just because they come with the OS. People choose to use them.

And using your anology, I wouldn't have a problem with the EU forcing Chevy to remove their cola-despenser, as long as they forced every other car manufacturer to do the same. It isn't fair to force Chevy to remove their cola-depenser while allowing Dodge and Ford to keep their cola-depensers in their new cars.

Processor Intel Core i7 8700K
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING AC
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro RGB
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500GB
Display(s) Dell S2417DG 165Hz
Case NZXT H400i
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Cooler Master - Masterkeys Pro L RGB
Software Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
I don't know why everyone complains. Lately i've been getting tired of Firefox and i'm edging towards using IE8 from now on.

I love using the IE8 64bit version because it runs nearly twice as fast as Firefox on my machine, renders pages blazing fast (and correct).

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
I love it when socialistic crap like this back fires. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside and remember the Reagan years.

Sorry. I had too.

Last edited:
System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
I absolutely LOL at this. For "experts" like most users here it isnt a problem. We will keystick an install file. But for MOST CONSUMERS this will be shocking. They wont have the faintest clue what to do.

I bet Apple is ROFLCOPTERING at this. It will certainly boost Apple sales in the EU.

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
...And using your anology, I wouldn't have a problem with the EU forcing Chevy to remove their cola-despenser, as long as they forced every other car manufacturer to do the same. It isn't fair to force Chevy to remove their cola-depenser while allowing Dodge and Ford to keep their cola-depensers in their new cars.

Let's take this a step futher, in the EU, cars should be sold without wheels. Since it is blocking 3rd party wheel and tyre manufacturers. :wtf::shadedshu

I am EMBARASSED and ASHAMED of the EU's collective incompetence.