1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Will Soon Bring Back The Start Menu In Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Easy Rhino, Apr 2, 2014.

1. gdallsk

gdallsk

Thanks Received:
    :roll:

2. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    I'm sure Nadella has/will bring energy and competitiveness to MS. But let's not kid ourselves to think Ballmer/2013 Board of Directors didn't get the ball rolling on a lot of these initiatives.

Word has been ready for iOS for quite a while - just Ballmer wasn't ready to release it and accept defeat by apple in the tablet market?

I believe the transition from Ballmer to Nadella was 6+mos. in the making to make sure the "new guy" gets a fresh and initial success start.

3. Ferrum Master

Ferrum Master

Thanks Received:
    Cortana sucks... bring us immortal Bill as a live assistant and recommend us to buy more beer :D.

4. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    I had no issues with Win 8 lacking it.
    Sorry guys, but your screams of joy seems... a bit too much.

5. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    I've had a full fledged boot to desktop start button since day one on 8.1, thanks to start is back, I realize it's $2 per PC but considering I got all of my 5 Win8 licenses for $15 each when it was on sale, I'm not complaining.

To be honest, I could never stand the metro interface, I don't have any touch screen PCs, so I never got used to it and hated how Win8 would clutter the menu with icons for everything, even readme files after installing any program.

I guess MS' crusade to "educate" PC users on how to interact with what they think is the best touch interface is finally over, we'll see what Win9 brings to the table.

6. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If MS don't immortalise Bill Gates at some point in the future, be it 5 years or 50(maybe by then it will finally be the year of Linux on desktop), I will be a sorely disappointed pensioner. The guy will go down in history books. Bill Gates for next Microsoft SAM please. Then I'll type soisoisoisoisoi in word and make him say it(for those that don't know this, google it, or try it).