1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft's PS3 Counter Offensive Named

Discussion in 'News' started by D_o_S, Aug 4, 2006.

1. D_o_S

D_o_S Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Microsoft confirmed today that Epic Games' Gears of War will launch on November 12 in the United States; just ahead of the PS3's November 17 launch. With Halo 3 still about eight months away, Gears of War is the best chance Microsoft has at stealing some thunder. Bill Gates was quoted in Time Magazine as saying that the PS3 would "Walk right into Halo 3," but Gears of War will have to do for now. From GamesIndustry.biz:

The company declined to state the obvious about the launch timing - preferring instead to remind us how many trade-show awards the game has picked up so far - but it's made no secret in the past of its desire to upset Sony's launch plans… Whether it's still "perfect" - as Gates envisioned the clash of Sony's next-gen console and Halo 3 - remains to be seen, but hype is certainly on Gears' side, and the game's likely to shift huge quantities amongst the Xbox 360 hardcore.

Source: Daily Tech
  2. v-zero Guest

It's true, I've been dying to play the game since I first set eyes on it...
  3. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Me three. It looks gorgeous. For me, Im a fan of all systems, not just one or two. Eventually, I will get me a ps3, Im not gonna lie and I dont care. But my 360 kicks ass and they both are great at what they do. Im gonna get a gamecube (for a few of the choice rpg games on there) and probably a Wii as well ::muhahaha:: Finally, gonna upgrade my computer and make it kick ass. WOOT!!
  4. v-zero Guest

In the last 2 gens I have bought every console avilable to me...

N64, PS1, SATURN, GameBoy.

Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, PSP, PS2, Xbox.

And in the new gen I already have a DS: Lite, and a 360...
    And of course my gaming PC is never underpowered...

Yeah, I'm a bit hardware-hungry :)!
  5. x800professor

x800professor New Member

Thanks Received:
    And evidently not poor. Most of us can't afford to buy everything that comes out...or we probably would.
  6. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Meh looks like another Halo 2-esque trainwreck waiting to happen. A single game is not going to sell a console, or keep people from buying another.
  7. v-zero Guest

No I'm not poor... But not rich either. Consoles don't cost that much. No more than a top graphics card...

As for the Halo 2 remark, are you suggesting Halo 2 was in any way, shape or form a train-wreck? :shadedshu I certainly hope not.
  8. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I saw a funny comment about Halo 2 once that sums it up nicely for me, something along the lines of this-
    "Halo 2 is like your wife having a horrible car accident, and becoming severely disfigured. You want to love her, but its just not the same.
  9. demonbrawn

demonbrawn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hah, I have to be honest, I liked multi-player better in Halo 1. Seems like the screen was too junked up in Halo 2. But, I still love it and I can't wait for Halo 3. And what of this Halo movie I'm hearin about? Man, I couldn't take on the task of playing the chief... too much pressure, ya know?